catch up

10 Feb 2010

P1040475




Feeling so much better today, back to normal. thanks so much for all your well wishes.



I didn't get the chance to do any baking before back to school which by the way went very well although today adds new dramas and excitements and so the early weeks will go.

Back to the baking, lunch boxes must be filled and baking must be done so a batch of Anzacs was cooling by the time people emerged from showers.


I'll make a cake before the oven cools down, Gran's plain cake I think and that should keep things sorted for the rest of the week.



Louis heads back down to Uni on the weekend and then the house will be empty again through the day for the first time since late October.
Mmmm, not sure how I feel about that, I will miss the company but enjoy my own I think.



I have to spend today playing catch up,
a dolly to post,
a tutorial to prepare,
washing to hang - oh wait that's what Louis is for,
dinner to think about,
school tales to listen to,
rain to be hoped for,
emails to write,
Miss Marple DVD from the library to watch while I dolly knit
....better get going.




P1040468


12 Responses to “catch up”

  1. So good to read you are feeling much better. I was unwell Sunday, but now that our children are young adults I don't feel guilty locking myself away in my bedroom to recover. My son's girlfriend even gave me flowers the next day, how sweet of her. I do hope Kate is going to settle in well at high school, such a big change for them. Enjoy your day, we too are waiting for rain. from Jenny McH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,

    Your day sounds wonderful. I am glad you are feeling better too. What is Gran's plain cake??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny-why do I do it to myself. Everytime you put books on your site I get lost in computer land on a search. i am attempting the vintage reading list and have just received the January book as all the libraries near me dont have it.Can you tell me were you got the Jane Brocket cookbook from-I am now on another search-love your blog Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, the Jane Brocket cook book is a library book but you can buy it through The Book Depository or you can probably order it through your local book store or do a search through Booko to find the best deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tanya, it's lovely isn't it. I got this one plus half a dozen other similar ones unused from the Salvos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fluctuating numbers are hard to adjust to aren't they? Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh...your tomatoes are making my ever so grim day a little less-so. I can almost taste them. & baking cookies would make me warmer. Love your blog! I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Those anzac biscuits look yummy and I am sure their recipients will be glad to bear them off to work and school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those tomato look scrumptious!

    Glad to hear you're all mended up
    and on the way to a productive rest of the week
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.