Slideshow Widget

27 Jan 2010

Just love this scene from one of my most favourite movies.
I love the clothes, the kitchen, the apartment and later in the movie their lovely house.
I love the Doris Day character in this film, she is such an ordinary mother.
Doris is just so gorgeous.
Oh and she gets to sing Que sera as well, of course.


I have the movie on DVD but there are lots of bits and pieces of it on Youtube







The movie is based on a series of essays by Jean Kerr who was a playwright .
Her book of essays Please don't eat the daisies was published in the late 50s and I have a copy of loan from the library now.
My little copy of the book still has the all the date stamps from the late fifties and early sixties, it seems it was a very popular book, it was taken out many many times in those first five years.
The movie was made in 1959.

Enjoy.

8 Responses to “ ”

  1. "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" has always been one of my favorite movies, and I always liked Doris Day. What a trip down Memory Lane!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Doris Day! 'Please Don't Eat The Daisies' is one of my favorite movies. How I wish Hollywood would bring back movies like these.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this film but from the clip here it looks just like the kind of film I would love. I must look out for it. Thank you for introducing me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother had that book! It's years since I've thought of it. Is it blue with white daisies on the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My copy doesn't have a dust cover so it's just plain but the opening of the film has a blue background with white daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there was an American television show, too. I was little at the time - too little to read the TV Guide but I think Connie Stevens was in it. I loved it! I love Doris Day, too. She's so peppy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read the book, but I love the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so thrilled. I've just received my own copy of the book with the cover just as I remembered it. Thank you for another great reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.