Slideshow Widget

It's all about Lily

25 Jan 2010

P1040256




Yesterday was our 23rd wedding anniversary.

Mum and Dad gave us these beautiful white lilies.



P1040259



On our wedding day the flowers in my hair were agapanthus , individual flowers wired onto a circlet with gypsophlia and something green, can't remember.



I wanted hyacinths but as it was high summer I settled for aggies instead.


Their more romantic name is Lily of the Nile.




P1040240



And Mum grew this fabulous Lily in her garden, the fragrance is a sweet as the colour.


10 Responses to “It's all about Lily”

  1. Hope you had a wonderful day and those flowers are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary for yesterday. Hope you had a lovely day.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. Beautiful flowers. I'm sure you'll know but just in case you don't - lily pollen is poisonous to cats. Care needs to be taken that pollen doesn't fall onto their coats if they brush past the vase, or walk in it if pollen has fallen. They wash it off whilst grooming and it's lethal to them. I usually cut out the pollen stamens when I have lilies to make sure it doesn't get on my cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Ours is in August and I remember how hot it was he day we we were married. (Northern Hemisphere, of course.) :)

    May you have many more blessed years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary Jenny & Stephen, those lilies are gorgeous. We have aggies growing along the side of our new shop, I'll take a photo this week and pop it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love agapanthus. When I moved to the midwest USA I stoped being able to grow them. There was a place in Whittier Ca. that had an island in the middle of the street. It was filled with Aggies and it was beautiful.
    The Lillys are beautiful as well. I hope the rest of your anniversary celbration is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday was our anniversary too! 18 years. Happy Anniversary to Stephen and yourself and to us.
    Cheers
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary :-) Here's to another 23 happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for letting me know about the dangers of Lilies for cats. Scary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.