Slideshow Widget

Chicken in a Basket

7 Jan 2010




Many years ago I joined a local women's group whose main purpose was to raise money for local charities through various activities most of which seemed to involve cooking.

During my first few meetings there was a lot of talk about who had the baskets for Chicken in a Basket.
What on earth was chicken in a basket?

I gather it was a 70s dish, perhaps crumbed chicken and chips served in a basket.

I don't think they ever found the baskets but yesterday I found the the chicken and the basket.


I took the boys dirty laundry hamper out to the wash house and emptied it into the big laundry hamper then I went back inside to check for any other dirties and forgot to take the basket with me.

Look who I found when I returned.



chicken in a basket