Happy

21 Nov 2009




Many years ago, when I was about 6 or 7 I had a little doll just like the one above.
I called him Happy.
He was a cuddly pixie and he went everywhere with me.


One day with my sister and my best friend we built a little cubby in the bushland opposite our house, just behind my best friend's house only from our cubby you couldn't see any houses only scrubby bush.

We had it all set up with various fallen tree limbs marking out the walls of our little house.
Happy was sitting on a rock in one corner while we worked.

Mum called us to lunch, we were surprised that we could hear her because we felt like we were in another country, so far away.

We ran off and poor Happy was left alone in the cubby.


You have already guessed what happened next.
When we came back to our little world after lunch Happy was gone.
No amount of searching and calling would bring him back.



Can you imagine how I felt , all these years later when I visited the Vintage Pixie Flickr group and there he was as if no time had passed at all.



He still makes me happy.