Slideshow Widget

23 May 2009

P5230002


When I should have been doing a bazillion other things...



P5230006


I was fiddling around trying to do some crochet.

I am not very skilled but it was fun.



P5230009



I have only ever managed long chains, granny squares and simple trims on the edge of knitting.

I made a flower ...

in the middle of a kind of granny square...

using a pattern!!!!


I am very impressed with myself.

8 Responses to “ ”

  1. WOW! I'm impressed, too. I can't crochet at all! I'm always looking for the other needle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted about this book, isn't it a beauty? Good job Jenny!
    Blessings,
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Great job, love the colour choices as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be impressed! That looks like a very intricate little piece. I can crochet til the cows come home, but I've only just mastered granny squares. Somehow patterns always had me confused so direction from a friend solved my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny, You have created a little bit of 'Springtime', and your colours are lovely. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday afternoon...I am off to check on the lamb shank soup & then my sewing machine is calling me to complete some more nine-patch blocks for a swap I am involved in.
    from Jenny McH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I just bought a rug at evandale market with this flower pattern ... and thought ... I wish I could crochet - and here it is!!! You are so clever! Next craft night a friend is going to teach me the granny square - all seems like voodoo to me - but will give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.