Slideshow Widget

8 Apr 2009

Minnie and the daffodil


Louis is home from Uni for Easter.


He looks good.



Minnie of the Ruby Pear



This little doll, Minnie, is heading for Rachael's shop, The Ruby Pear.

She is one of my little house pixies, only 8" tall.

Her dress is base on the picture I saw in the Debbie Bliss magazine.



In a few weeks time The Niche Market takes place.

They have a blog to tell you all about it.

The market raised money to support St Giles, an organisation that supports disabled children and adults.

I worked there as a physiotherapist for a couple of years before Kate was born.



So I am busy making lots of dolls ( I hope) so that I have a bountiful stall.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all the other stall holders, though I do know one or two already.


So what is the best way to get all this done and not sink:


* don't let yourself get behind, housework and extra work

* accept all offers of help.

* make the most of the time you have.

* don't be a martyr, let your family know they need to pull their weight.

* be honest about your abilities and don't over commit.

* enjoy the thrill of it all, you're getting the chance to live out your dream.

* trust that you will succeed.

* remember to really be in the moment, it's a great adventure.


Any other suggestions?



Minnie

10 Responses to “ ”

  1. Lovely, wonderful work. I'm very interesting in Debbie Bliss. Regards and Happy Easter,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a little extra at meal time so you have leftovers for another meal and less time on meal preparations.
    Love your dolls. I check your blog everyday to see if you've posted a new dolly.
    How do you get the dolly's hair to look curly like Louis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see my daff can travel Jenny, I'm hoping there will be a few cousins around the world by now. I have happy memories of working hard to produce enough stock for my craft stalls (always such good causes). Thinking about it perhaps my best tip (to myself) would be not to set myself a target but just keep merrily producing stuff right up to the deadline. Do take a pic of your 'bountiful dolly stall' (might make a great banner!) Happy Easter from England's north country. Eli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tha is good advice for life in general. Very well said.
    I hope you have a good day and that all that you sell will be benificial to those in need. Keep up the good work, and wonderfu focus of your life. I learn so much when I visit your blog. It's good to re-adjust our thinking, striving to be more in harmony with our lives. And the world around us, we needent sucumb to the glaring hustle and bustle if we don't want to. Thanks again and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time with Louis home!

    Minnie looks adorable. And no doubt a very affordable way to own one of your precious little babies. All the best with the stall. I'm sure you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny
    Wishing you a lovely,peaceful and enjoyable Easter with all of your family.
    Good luck with your doll making, hope you find the time to make many of them.
    My suggestion is to make casseroles or use a crock-pot, with meat & vegies in the one pot, the meal can be slowly cooking during the afternoon whilst you work on your cute dolls.
    from Jenny McH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny
    I posted a comment here on Good Friday but it seems to have disappeared. Anyway I sent my best wishes to you for Easter and hope you have had a lovely time with all your family.
    My suggestion is to make some casseroles with meat & vegies or meals in a crock-pot and let them simmer away during the afternoon while you make your beautiful dolls.
    from Jenny McH

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you all that you've been able to enjoy dear Louis (and he all of you). This little doll is so very adorable--one of my favorites. Very sweet outfit, too. xo Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  9. Minnie has my hairstyle (and hair color too).
    Cute!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.