Slideshow Widget

20 Apr 2009

P5050007

I've had a days repreive with the computer so I thought I would talk a little about my tea cosies since a few people have been asking lately.
These are all old pictures because I can't actually upload any new photos at the moment.
Most of my tea cosies are inherited and were knitted by my aunties.
There are eight children in my Mum's family, four boys and four girls.
The girls; Connie, Maisie, Jessie and Nancy are all great knitters and the older two Jessie and Nancy knitted the tea cosies that I have.

old cosy

I can't find a pattern for this one.
It is crocheted and I think Nancy made it for Gran.
It fits my middle size tea pot beautifully.


PA220025
I found the pattern for this one here .
I found this one at the op shop, in perfect condition and beautifully worked.

P1010012

This little one was made by Jessie and fits my smallest tea pot.

P6260004

This pattern is called daffodil stitch and I found the pattern here .
This was made by Nancy and is perfect for my largest, everyone wants a cuppa and maybe a refill teapot.


new cosy


And this is another cosy that I found at the op shop, dirty and scrappy looking tucked down behind some old kitchen bits and pieces.
It is crocheted and very pretty and I'm glad I could give it a good home.
If anyone knows where I can find the patterns for the first and last cosy I would love to know.
I have looked on Ravelry but had no luck.
My tea cosies are used everyday, though the middle sized pot has the most outfits and gets to change her dress about once a week.

7 Responses to “ ”

  1. Hi Jenny! Strangely enough, I had a dream before I got up this morning, that I came around to your place for a cup of tea and a chat in your garden. It was lovely. Thanks! ;-)

    I hope someone finds patterns for the tea cosies, because I'd love to have a go at making one too.

    <3 Moey (formerly of Perth, now of Cincinnati)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the first one (that you think was made for your Gran). It has caught my eye in a few of your pictures. The first time I saw it (a partial view), I thought it was a really elaborate cake!
    I sent you an email about the status of a doll order, but am not sure my email got through. I don't want to pester you. I know you are having computer problems as well as the show coming up. Just wanted to give you a "heads up" to be on the lookout for it.
    Hope your day is as wonderful as the peace you bring to all of us. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just happened by, but the bottom one looks a heck of a lot like the "Birthday Cake Hat" from Itty Bitty Knits. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/birthday-cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mg, I answered your email a couple of days ago. Check your spam folder it might be there. The doll is due to be posted at the end of the first week in May.Do you want to send me your eye and hair colour preferences. If you do it through Etsy the message won't get lost, I can't access your original email at the moment and we might lose everything on the computer when they fix it. Thanks. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post..and I really enjoyed the music! cinema Paradiso...how beautiful. the cosies are gorgeous - I'm going to send the link to my friend Michelle who loves a good cosy.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your tea cosies. You have inspired me to do a post on mine. Glad to visit your blog again - it had been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tea cosy collection is gorgeous. I must knit myself one. A shame I don't drink tea but at least I could display a tea pot with its cosy even if I rarely use it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.