31 Mar 2009

close up of the nearly Hummel



So very busy this week with Kate getting ready to go away on camp and me busy making dolls for a wonderful new gallery that is opening in Launceston on Saturday.



Rachael Hilliard has been working hard to stock her new venture with lots of wonderful handmade, organic, recycled and unique treasures from Tasmania and beyond.

My little dolls are going to be part of the gang.

Very exciting for everyone.



If you happen to be in Launceston at any time the shop is at 102 Wellington Street in a lovely old building just up from Davies Grand Central.
It will be open weekends.



I'm also getting ready for The Niche Market at the beginning of May, also in Launceston at the UTAS School of Architecture in support of The St Giles Society ( my former employer).



Mind you with all this dollying and organising we had just the perfect comfort food for dessert tonight.
With the cooler weather and April knocking on the door we tucked into a big pot of creamed rice: 4 cups of creamy Pyengana milk, 1/2 cup of sugar, stirred together and heated in a saucepan until almost boiling, then 1/2 cup of arborio rice plopped in along with 1 teaspoon of vanilla and left to blub and shimmer over a low heat for about an hour with a gentle every- so -often- stir.
Serve hot with a good spoon of whipped cream and remember why you love the autumn.


Pyengana, is just up the road from where my mother grew up, my Grannie always had a block of Pyengana "stinky" cheese to slice and eat with Thin Captain biscuits.

If you click on the Pyengana link above you can see some of the beautiful countryside and the cows that provided the milk for my creamed rice tonight.




P3270051

6 Responses to “ ”

  1. hi, Jenny! i must say, i loved that link, love your new header and doll as well! happy fall to you there on the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haircut! you are very clever.
    I am visiting Tassie in November so will definitley drop into your little shop full of Tassie treasures. I will also pass the info onto my sister who lives in Devonport and works at the TAFE college she may be able to drum up business for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your new pumpkin header. Very autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that doll -- its my favorite so far!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my she is so cute. I love your doll's.
    Hugs
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doll looks like my daughter when she was 3 years old... She's 10 now! I've just discovered "waldorf dolls" and I'm charmed and excited! I'm making my first doll for my son. The first of a long list I think...!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Jezahel from Nancy - France

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.