Slideshow Widget

5 Mar 2009

my little corner


My little corner of the room, where all my little bits and bobs live.



gift from Kate in my little corner


Momentos from my past and present



my little corner


Mixed with the things I have collected to make my imaginings real




my little corner



sunshine kisses good morning



momento box in my little corner



Members of my extended family are sad today because they have lost loved ones to the ravages of old age and all the missed opportunities to be closer, the past hurts are bubbling and pushing to the surface, the pain of grief made visible.



my little corner


I puddle around taking bits and pieces of my past and stitch them together with my imaginings and hope to bring some gentleness to a world that often seems too harsh and too difficult.


God bless



12 Responses to “ ”

  1. Yes, thank you. I hope that with time the losses will be less painful and the window of joy, gentleness and shared memories of goodness will open up.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is my place of gentleness when it all gets too harsh. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how nice it is to come to a place that understands how I feel and puts it to words like music. Thinking of those who have gone on and the missed opportunities to know each other better. The world seems to harsh and gentleness sure filled your post. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too enjoy visiting your space for its gentleness and charm and snippets of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an up lifting blog first time here stay in good space. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your link at Lady Dorothy's... was drawn to your name "Little Jenny Wren". You have a lovely site and I really enjoyed the quote you mention in your sidebar about women at home.

    For years I was in the workforce and yearned for the opportunity to be in the heart of my own home. I was a single woman for many years before I met and married my husband in 1998, so I didn't know how else to earn my keep but to go out into the marketplace.

    I've been at home since 2003 now and LOVE IT!!!!

    So I look forward to splashing around your postings and enjoying the refreshing simplicity of your view on life.

    Joy! Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some peace and tranquility and share it around your family.
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  8. sending prayers for your family , i hope happy memories will help to ease the days for all

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have recently felt the pain of losing older loves ones and your very touching little post needed few words to say much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.