Slideshow Widget

17 Dec 2008



Read all about it
here.

If you are in the USA there might be something you can do to help.


toddler girl



I'd hate to think that little ones like this cute little tot could no longer go to the US.





9 Responses to “ ”

  1. Yes, this is a huge concern. I have emailed my Senator and State Reps and hope that if enough others do, this will be corrected. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is no good at all- so sad to think about all those people affected. I always preferred handmade toys when I was a little girl, and they are the ones which lasted my childhood,

    Beautiful doll as well- she is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even consider beginning a small home business if this goes through. I've already signed a petition and I pray that things will work in favor of the small handmade businesses!

    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been given "orders" by my son-in-law to order up a special doll for his wife/my daughter. Let me know how to go about it.

    And in the meantime I will be sending off emails to the representatives from my state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAGGGHHH!!!! I wish these deluded miscreants would stop trying to save us from ourselves. I will make phone calls and letters as suggested on Cool Mom Picks, and I would be happy to put the little button on my blog, but... alas, I am a techno-tard, and I don't know how! If you wouldn't mind giving me some simple instructions on how to do it, I would ;-) Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sad indictment on our society when the handmade baby gets thrown out with the bath water.

    I would dare to suggest that handmade toys and dolls are more likely to be sound than the mass produced ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this on Rhondas blog from the definitions they give you have to be a "manufacturer" which in the US I believe implies so many thousands of units of the one product per year, it seems to be aimed at the middle range hand crafts person not the home business. Am looking into it further but pretty sure I ahve this right. It is their definition of terms that is important.

    daisymum

    ReplyDelete
  8. How silly. It looks like they are trying to undermine the small business. Hope no such folly will happen around here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm writing to my congressman and have already written to obama. please visit www.change.org to begin making a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.