Christmas Beetle

12 Dec 2008

PC100028



Right on cue, the Christmas Beetle arrives in the front garden .
This one is a beauty.
We found another on the way to the Post Office, it was golden .



Now we know for sure that Christmas is just around the corner.




PC100035


It was so special to find one of these when I was a child.
I hate to say it was even better to find a dead one because you could wear it like a brooch, its hooky feet and legs would cling to your shirt and look so pretty.



6 Responses to “Christmas Beetle”

  1. OOOOO!!! What a lovely beetle!! We don't have any beetles here that pretty color.
    Your dolls are so sweet, I am glad to have found your blog through my friend at RemotTreeChanger!
    You're welcome to visit me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That certainly is a beauty - such vivid colouring. Yes christmas is only just around the corner, not quite ready for it yet but getting there, a bit at a time.
    A Happy Friday to you. Though it will be Saturday when you read this, I think you're 11 hours ahead of us.
    Janet (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww...well, he is pretty! Not sure I would like to wear him however!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot, haven't seen any up here yet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.