8 Nov 2008

PB070006


Here it is, early November, and overnight we have been plunged back into winter weather.


Rain and wind, good for the garden, not so good for the fruit trees.

Good for making a cosy house.

I just lit the fire in the kitchen, everyone is still asleep so they will have a nice surprise when they wake up to their Saturday.



I've been up since before dawn working on a new doll pattern, a tweaking of my old pattern and I think it works well.

These early hours are my time, as long as I'm quiet I can work with the ideas that come flooding into my head when I first wake.
Some times they are a success sometimes they are a stepping stone to another idea.




I was thinking this morning how glad I am that my lifelong fascination with my dolls has overwhelmed me and given me so much now , in my forties rather than earlier when it would have lead to frustration and conflict because of my need, then, in my earlier years to concentrate fully on being a mother.

Not that I don't give mothering my best now but I have more time and energy for other things as well.

The creativity that once was so fully used in mothering has increased to give me a surplus that I can use on my craft and home as well as my family.

The lessons I have learned about myself and others through my mothering and my role as wife have given me so much to work with.





There truly is a season for everything, we don't have to do it all in a hurry, we don't have to do everything all at once.
We need to take the time to appreciate and really feel the time, the season we are in.
No experience is ever wasted and each part builds on the last gradually, often so we don't even notice, to bring us to maturity of body and spirit.




Have a happy weekend.
Enjoy the season you are in.




15 Responses to “ ”

  1. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this post. It's so true. I often wish blogging had been around when my kids were little and guilty for the time I spend doing to now. But like you said when my kids were little I had more time for them, now I can enjoy blogging and scrapbooking (while they are at school and my jobs are done). Thanks for putting things into perspective for me.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way.
    When I was younger I tried to do it all and was so stressed and often so unhappy. Now that my children are older and more independened , I can spend more time working on my dolls and my ideas. Time is still an issue and often I have to remind myself not to get too caugh up in the selling part, but I enjoy things more and value the time spend alone, with my husband and my boys.
    I'm wishing you a wonderful weekend as well!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying the season we are in...this is a message I keep hearing lately and it's something I am trying to do. Thank you for your words of wisdom Jenny. Have a blessed weekend.

    love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thankyou for that reminder. It is encouraging to know that all need not be done at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly do agree with you, Jenny. I find that all my experiences have come together in my doll making endeavor. Of course I started in my sixties so I way behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your dollies, they are most beautiful..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful, cosy weekend, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jenny you are so right. Things change so quickly I have been looking forward to next year when our youngest goes of to full time school - but now that it is getting rapidly closer it scares me a little too. After all this has been my world for 22 years, Next year I will no longer have a shadow.

    daisymum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will you come and light a fire for me please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoying the season I am in is something I'm trying to do literally at the moment. November is such a dark, cold month where I live and it's very hard to warm to it. Thanks for reminding me to keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have recently found your lovely blog and have been enjoying reading your archives. Baking, growing, cooking, knitting, sewing, homemaking are all dear to my heart too. I have noted down the Lemon Delicious recipe which reminds me of a tasty pudding my Mum used to make when we were little.Your dolls are wonderful and a Joe Jackson fan too!Sorry if I sound like a stalker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny,

    Just stopping by to say hello. I enjoyed catching up with your lovely journal. I will be visiting your shop soon. My little sweetie (my new niece) was born on Thursday and I have been longing to buy her one of your darling dollies. Have a wonderful day!

    (We have a fire today, too. What a comfort it is.)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. jenny, thank you so much. this is just what i needed to hear right now in my life. i struggle every day with the demands of my shop vs. the needs of my children(2, 4, 11, 13). at the end of the day i always feel guilty about something i did or didn't do. i think it's time to step back and see where i'm going from here.
    barbara
    (from auntboosbabies)
    ps-love your blog:o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have had some funny weather in QLD recently. The other day hot,humid & 34C. Now cloudy rainy & coolish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like winter so much. Whwn I'm in summer - which I don't like at all - I dream about the Autumn but when it's autumn, I can't wait for the winter. Even if here it doesn't snow, only once in several years !!!
    I like so much the coziness of winter.

    Alfazema

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.