Slideshow Widget

3 Oct 2008

PC030003



Yesterday afternoon, home from a busy day at school Kate needed to spend time in her garden before tackling the ridiculous mountain of homework she had been given.


I walked up the street to meet her from the bus. She was sauntering down the hill, looking into people's gardens and quietly in her own world. She spied me and called me to come closer, a calico cat in a window, washing itself and looking straight back at us.

Into the left open front door, tossed down her bag, a snuggle with one of the cats then out the back door while I got the tea things together and waited for the kettle to boil.

A cup of tea and a chat in the late afternoon sunshine surrounded by the sounds of the garden. Just what we both needed I think.
We returned to the house to start our afternoon chores , restored and ready.

7 Responses to “ ”

  1. What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. That sort of joy, money will never buy. I cherish time spent unhurried with my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny :) Precious words! Aren't we grateful for our girls? Love to you, Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't think of a better way to spend a Spring day afternoon.
    the photo makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your dolls are special but that one is ESPECIALLY sweet with the gathered sweater and pink stockings.

    It sounds like a very special time with Kate in the garden. Well done all 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny,
    I have a tea tray like the one in your photo. Did you make yours? I made mine at primary school, I remember soaking all the canes to make them pliable. I have the same plaited finish to the top of the weaving and beads threaded onto the uprights at the side to make a slightly raised handle. Its funny to think that there is a tray almost exactly the same as mine in use today on the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely moment to treasure...you have put a smile on my face.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so simple and precious. These are memories that will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.