A Day in My Life - October

14 Oct 2008




It's been a full and happy day, lots of life, lots of sunshine, lots of work.



Up early as usual, a little before the sun gets up.
Tidy the kitchen after last night's snacks, turn on the oven to bake the biscuits that didn't get made yesterday.



Monday was a messy day, I had to go into town early and so i was behind all day with the things I wanted to get done.
Today was the day to catch up.



Everyone up and at 'em. Biscuits made, school/work lunches prepared. Scrambled eggs for breakfast. pop a cake in the already hot oven.
Kate had to remember her violin, Andy his Football clothes for a team photo, Stephen couldn't find his keys. I had to remember that cake - just in time.



They're off.
Down to the chooks to let them out into their yard.
Put the first load of washing on.
Put the dishes in the sink to soak.




Pop a baguette wrapped in foil into the still warm oven to heat up for my breakfast.
Make the bed. Put the kettle on.



PA130009


Boot up the computer.

Make the coffee, French Press, let it brew.
Baguette ready, coffee ready, computer ready.



Breakfast while I add all your comments to the Day in My Life post.
Check some blogs.



Washing up done, dishes away. Bathrooms tidied, dirty clothes collected.
Floors swept,rooms tidied.
A couple of phone calls to attend to.



Out into the gorgeous sunshine to hang out the first load of washing. It's not very windy but it is beautifully sunny so it might get dry.



Put the next load on and head inside to get some food for the chooks.
Let the rooster and the girls out to free range in the garden.



Check the vegie garden - remind myself to use one of the cauliflowers for tea tonight.
Water the pot plants and seedlings.



PA140012



It's pushing 11am so time for morning tea, another coffee and some of the freshly baked gingernuts and start knitting - underwear for some dollies.




Watched a little "All Creatures Great and Small" while I knitted. Round midday the next load of washing was ready to be hung out.



The day is ticking over well, the house is tidy, the washing is getting done and I am making progress with my dolls.



Lunch today was leftovers from last night's tea of Chilli con Carne.
The afternoon continued pleasantly with knitting and laundry.




P1010035



Round 3pm I headed down the street to do some errands, post off a couple fo dolls, make an appointment for Louis, buy some more tissue paper to wrap dolls ready for shipping.



Kate arrived home around 4.30pm after orchestra practice. I fiddled around with the washing and also attacked some cobwebs that I had seen earlier in the day.



Headed out to the kitchen at 5.30 and started tea, yes I remembered the cauliflower.
Lamb chops, cauliflower cheese, peas, mashed potatoes and coleslaw.



The menfolk arrived round 6 after athletics practise.


After dinner, I took the scraps down to the chooks, fed the meat scraps to the dog, fed the cats and headed inside.


I spent a little time filling in an application to join the Summer Market and planning what I want to get done tomorrow, doll wise then when the computer became available I grabbed my chance. There is a loaf of bread proving at the moment so don't let me forget to get it into the oven.


You know , I wake each morning , eager to get started with my day. Most days are full and busy with family, home and my little business. I go to bed happy and tired.
Life really is good.



You have read my day , now if you have time you can visit some of the other lifers and read about their day too.

Here they are, with a slight change in format this month :
( just click on the names to find their post)

Christine said...

Hi Jenny and all the others,
I'm joining again too!

Christine

Cathy said...

Hello Jenny
Back home now so I will take part this month. Busy day and evening so most likely it'll be posted on Wednesday
Take care
Cathy

Kez said...

I'm in again..

Hill upon Hill said...

Hi, will look forward to joining in again.

Maria said...

I am in again. My computer died and I am using my husband's but since I was able to install my photo program I can blog again (don't like blogging without pictures).

Maria

Linda said...

Thanks for the reminder Jenny. Yes, I will do that.

Jan said...

Its hard to believe the 14th is here again. Time flies when you're having fun. I'm in again. Jan

Cindi said...

Hi I will be joining in!

Leanne said...

Yes will play.

Amazing how fast the 14th comes around each month.

Love Leanne

Kimberly said...

I would like to join you all this month. Thanks!

Normins said...

Hi Jenny, I'm in!

em said...

I'm in - can't believe that it already is time again....
Margaretha

Nan said...

I plan on writing again this month.

Tia said...

Please count me in again - one busy day ahead of us I think so I may not get posted until the evening.

Tia

tamlovesran said...

I plan to participate again.

Tammy

libby said...

Thanks for the reminder. I remembered yesterday but forgot this morning when I woke up. Count me in.

Libby

willow said...

Yes please, Jenny, count me in.

Rose Red said...

I'm in again, thanks Jenny

Trina said...

Hi,
Tia directed us your way and we wanna play too! :0)

Trina

Carole said...

Hi, I'm planning to join in again and I'm looking forward to reading the other entries!

~ Carole

Tracy said...

Hi Jenny, I'm in again. Have a good day.

The Tin House said...

Hi Jenny and everyone else too! I'll be in it.
Lisa x www.thetinhouse.blogspot.com/

hip chick said...

Yes I would love to participate again. I love this. It's like finding the extraordinary in the ordinary. I can't wait to start tomorrow.

The Old Dairy said...

Count me in Jenny......
Mandy

GingerLouise said...

Glad I remembered this month, Laura

Fiona said...

Count me in! Thanks!

Jewels said...

Hello there little jenny wren :o)
I am going to *try* my very hardest to gather photos of today, and join in. Which means, *if I succeed* the photos will be posted later today, tonight, or tomorrow. The majority of us have big whopper colds/sore throats/swollen glands, but I was a bit determined to share in the *Day in My Life* fun. Okay....crawling out of my *sick bed* to go and make *chicken soup*, blow my nose, and take some photos of everyone else doing likewise ;o) *All* this said (and imagining how horrible this post could actually *be*), I know you're (secretly) hoping I won't succeed--aren't you? C'mon, tell the truth, now. Sweet dreams, JAM. Love, Jewels

jengi33 said...

Hi Jenny, I'm Jenny too! I'd like to join your "day in my life"! I'll be posting this evening after the day has slowed down!

Charity Grace said...

Hello, Jenny--count me in!


Jewels said...

Dear little jenny wren, I am back--tiptoeing in to leave a note on your kitchen table (poke around in the fridge for goodies, and, sickly as I am, I'll most likely have to curl up and take a rest on your couch. All the while...) hoping not to wake you, to say, that you'd better not include me this time around, as I (and everyone around me) is feeling worse by the minute. I'd say I'm too weak to hold and steady the camera, but that would be a *slight* exaggeration ;o) But, I surely *will* be by the time I'm done at your house. Fact is, I am one tired bird, and I'm always sleepy after I eat (alot)....This said, I hope I don't cause too big of a stir, if I'm still (zonked out) on the couch. Maybe you'd better pause here and take a quick peek--just incase--before anyone else gets up ;o) Anyways...do feel sorry for me, being so sick and surrounded by so many sick people and all. Okay? :o)
Jewels
P.S. Did I say my fingers were tired from typing all these letters to you, today?? You wouldn't want to come over and *make* the soup and *do some laundry* and read aloud *to me* would you??? ;o) Well, at least feel sorry for me. I just wish you weren't in bed, and I didn't have to wait so long for you to start :o) Okay, I'm going now.....creeping out and shutting the door...just a bit disappointed that I didn't wake you up :o)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Honestly Jewels, It's a wonder I get any sleep at all, between the cats playing chases up and down the hallway and you clumping around the kitchen sneezing and snuffling - you very nearly did wake me. What a pity you didn't try harder , we could have had a cuppa together. If I get time I'll sneak around later, maybe when you are all in bed a tidy up a little, OK. Or maybe I'll just have that last piece of chocolate cake the one you have hidden at the back of the fridge hoping no one will find. I'll be sure to leave a little note to say thank you.
love JAM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chas said...

Hi Jenny, I will try and post tomorrow... I am gathering my photos and work from today.
Thanks,
Chas

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/chas



Willowcaroline


Still at Home said...

Hi Jenny,
I wrote about my 14th today. It was a very knitty day.
Cheerio, Ann.

Alesha said...

Jenny, if it's not too late, I'll join in again this month.

New addy though...

www.xanga.com/ObtainingMercy

Thanks!
Alesha

Marytoo said...

My Ordinary October day is posted ;-)

Sarah said...

I've posted!


9 Responses to “A Day in My Life - October”

  1. I am struggling to load photos with the rain.... will try one more time. If no success, will either post without photos or wait till tomorrow. What a lovely day for you, even the bliss of watching "All Creatures Great and Small."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee, success. The wind and rain have died down and I could load my phots. Look forward to reading about others' days....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been featured by me on Talk About You Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny, I will try and post tomorrow... I am gathering my photos and work from today.
    Thanks,
    Chas

    http://www.homesteadblogger.com/chas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing a day in your life with us. I don't know if it's your out look on life, your lovely photos, or your way with words but every day that you share is beautiful!
    I love the photos of your cat. Our Crystal looked very much like her. Unfortunately she liked to roam more than she liked to stay at home. We rehomed her to a family with lots of acreage for her to enjoy.
    I've posted my day!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a way of making the ordinary sound extraordinary and for that I thank you.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Steiner dolls and Waldorf dolls are the same thing. The rest of the world seems to use the name Waldorf and we ,in Australia, use Steiner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.