Slideshow Widget

Tosser

3 Sep 2008

Kate's dolls


These two little ones popped up on my camera,courtesy of Kate.
She had a friend over on Sunday and they happily made these little ladies, well, dressed and decorated them using pieces from the scrap bag.



PB010002


It is such a gorgeous day here, very cold start , a white frost.
But now that has given way too a brilliant sunshiny day.



I'm planning some sewing and baking today.
My blouse pattern arrived late last week so I have been itching to get started plus there is the hem on my dress to do.
Finishing off has always been my problem, I'm a great starter but hems and sewing on buttons so that I can actually go ahead and wear the thing - well that's another story.
I drive myself to distraction sometimes, I usually have to make a deal with myself that I can't start anything new until I have completely finished the last project .
A bit of self discipline missing I think.



Normally I do some baking on Tuesdays but I was fiddling round with dolls yesterday, taking photos for the shop and so on.



PB030017


This little girl



PB030022

and this baby are in the shop.



I was reading Julie's blog this morning and her lovely Simple Days series was very inspiring. She is blogging about what she has actually achieved each day as a way of seeing progress on her family's journey towards a more sustainable lifestyle.
Sounds like a lovely way to make an account of all that is done and so often missed when we think about our life's journey.



Andy's picture 4



I also found this on my camera yesterday.
Andy's doing media arts at school and apart from discovering some wonderful photographic artists he has been introduced to Camera toss art - yes, that is tossing a camera with the shutter speed on very slow.
He did this by just moving the camera in front of the computer screen with a special background installed because funnily enough we don't have a room lined with mattresses and decorated with various coloured flourescent lights.
You can see more by other camera tossers here.



6 Responses to “Tosser”

  1. They are very cute, love the crocheted rug behind the dolls. Your blog sounds so peaceful and relaxing. I enjoy reading it. Its great to capture the little things of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I agree about the self discipline to finish one thing and before beginning another. I dislike button holes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having such fun. I have overriden my computer's difficulty with Flickr photos and can now see your photos on your blog. Up till now I have had my imagination and some small photos on a website somewhere with a slide show (Yahoo or something). This is a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening Jenny
    What a nice surprise finding those extra photos on your camera. Those camera toss art shots are amazing.
    Glad to hear that someone else has the same problem as me...finishing off a project. It's so hard when my interest is caught up by a new project and I have tired of the current project. I have a few quilts that are near completion, it's just a matter of concentratng on one project at a time instead of doing a bit here & a bit there.
    Thanks for the link to Julie's interesting blog. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camera tossing! Who knew!?!
    I am also a terrible finisher. I had to laugh that you are, too. Love the dollies - little girl made AND Jenny made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny,
    As usual your dolls make me so jealous of your (and your kids!)wonderful crafting talents, although I'm glad to read that I'm no the only one who has trouble finishing projects - so many interesting things to make and so little time, LOL. Thank you for the kind words about my Simple Living posts too, because of course your A Day in The Life posts are *my* inspiration :-)

    Cheers, Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.