Slideshow Widget

Mysteries to be Lived

15 Sep 2008




"We must continually remind ourselves that our lives and our partner's and followers' lives are not problems to be solved.
They are callings to be answered, mysteries to be lived."
Richard Leider



I have no idea who Richard Leider is, I googled him and it appears he is a motivational speaker. Stephen emailed me this quote and a couple of others from work today and I like the sentiment, a mystery to be lived rather than a problem to be solved.
So much more exciting and positive and adventurous don't you think.



I guess if we can maintain a childlike curiosity and openness to all the moments of our day then we can more easily see the mystery to be lived, and hear the callings, the still small voice that is always there if we remember to listen.



6 Responses to “Mysteries to be Lived”

  1. How very true,I find the sentiments warming and had not thought of it in that way. Thank you
    julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like that so much. So many times people seem to think of others close to them, as "problems" then the if onlys start to snowball. Life I like the idea of always wanting to live and learn and understand those folks we love and live with. In reality all those we interact with would benifit from that sort of understanding. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what Jenny? That is wonderful advice for big people like me who are often confounded by the way tiny people think and behave. The quote suggests turning confusion into mystery. Nice. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jenny - Your quotes are intriguing and I'll think them through as applies to me and my life. Thanks!

    Have been reading your blog for quite a while now (a year maybe?) but haven't written. Always enjoy it though and have it listed under
    Favorite Blogs to be checked often for updates. To me, they are calming, homey and I love the pictures.

    I have especially enjoyed your BBC links to WWII and the Diary of Nella Last. I was wondering if you have heard of, or maybe read, D.E. Stevenson's Mrs. Tim's stories? They are fictionalized fact, in diary form, and begin in 1934 in prewartime England and Scotland. They end in the late 40s.

    The titles are: Mrs. Tim Christie, Mrs. Tim Carries On, Mrs. Tim Flies Home and Mrs. Tim Gets a Job. The first two are set during the war. One other of Stevenson's books that deals with war in England and London is Sarah Morris Remembers.

    I realize I'm writing a book and I'll try not to do this again. Wrote essentially the same post on Sunday night and it didn't get printed. I'm hoping it wasn't because of something I said and so I'm trying again.

    Again, I do enjoy your blog from my home in Virginia in the US. In case I end up as "anonymous," my name is Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quote! Really something to remind myself of once in a while. I tend to drift away into daydreaming sometimes, which isn't very in the NOW. :-)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny,
    I've just come across your blog and am enjoying your posts, I love to make dolls too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.