The Doll

8 Sep 2008

P2100002



"The little girl expects no declaration of tenderness from the doll.

She loves it, and that's all.

It is thus we should love."


Remy de Gourmont


7 Responses to “The Doll”

  1. We have one of yours very similar...so very sweet. The quote you used is so very true...and I remember feeling that way about my dolls as a child. Still do!! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do marvel at the way these dolls are made, they are a real art and skill. She is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of her sweater and how beautifully it goes with the fabric for her dress. Some little girl will be very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest doll I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little one! I have just received some exciting news. My sister is expecting and it will be a GIRL. (The first in our family after ten boys!) I can just see her enjoying one of your dear dollies and will be on the look out for just the right one. :-)

    Amy
    (SimpleFolk)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gentle and pretty, the colours blend nicely.
    Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.