A Step Saving Kitchen

17 Jul 2008



You must go and see this wonderful film( just click on the picture above) I discovered on Emily's blog.
The film goes for about 10 minutes.
Some of the wonderful space saving ideas were incorporated in my Auntie Maisie's kitchen and to a lesser extent in my mother's kitchen.

5 Responses to “A Step Saving Kitchen”

  1. Hi Jenny! Glad you found my blog. Isn't this a wonderful video? I'll be posting more soon. I just love these old-fashioned homemaking-related films.

    Warm wishes,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been lurking for a while but just wanted to say how lovely your site is.
    The kitchen in the video is wonderful. The kitchen in my house is twice the size and absolutely useless (not designed by me, I might add!)
    Again, your site is lovely so thank you for the gentle inspiration you give me - a new-ish mother and homemaker.
    Karen (Scotland)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny,
    I absolutely loved watching this old video! Isn't it wonderful when we can learn "new" things about homemaking by taking a step backwards? I love your sweet words of wisdom. Have a peaceful and blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny, I don't know if you've been told that you've been featured here:

    http://etsy.com/storque/article/2201/

    Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this little film, I'd love a kitchen like that.
    My kitchen (in a house built in 1990) is less than a quarter of that size so no room for a table, no room to sit, no work surface anywhere near that big and with much less storage space.
    Its ridiculous really that so many years after all the principles of efficient design were well known there must be many of us standing in small cramped kitchens - possibly because the perceived opinion is that "people don't cook anymore".

    Glad to hear you are feeling better, enjoy the school break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.