Busy

22 Jul 2008



Busy day


Kate unwell but not too bad


Lots of doll making going on


Two home on midterm break


Keeping both fires going all day long


Hot pies for lunch, roast chicken for tea


Haircut for me and one for Louis too, tres chic.


Watched Chocolat with Kate this afternoon while knitting and plotting.


I adore the colours in this film: the blue of the walls, the beautiful reds, the capes, her shoes, her lipstick.


I love the clothes in this film.


I love the music in this film


I love the actors; Juliette Binoche, Johnny Depp, Judi Dench, Alfred Molina and seeing Leslie Caron as a beautiful old woman.


( The film is rated PG , it's a little saucy in places )


Time for bed.
I should have time for a proper post tomorrow.

Good night.

10 Responses to “Busy”

  1. I love that one too. And "Like Water for Chocolate". Both have such beautiful set design and cinematography.

    Hope you're little Kate is on the mend.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this film too...and the book, it's a bit different to the film though...and there's nothing wrong with just a little bit of sauce (wink, wink).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that movie and it is wonderful..
    Glad you are well,
    hope Kate feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that film. When I saw it, I used to love chocolate as well. Now, pregnancy has eliminated all my past chocolate cravings. Healthy but no fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this film too.
    Especially Leslie Caron as an old woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your daughter is feeling better. Your day sounded lovely. I also love that movie. Makes me hungry though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Kate is feeling better.
    Love "Chocolat!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my very favorite movies. The soundtrack is fabulous and I keep it on my mp3 player. You never know when you'll get a craving for a little Chocolat!!! (Sorry I couldn't resist that!)

    Hope your little one feels better soon.
    Alesha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took Chocolat out of the library last night and watched it as a special treat. The boys were in bed, hubby working nights. It was a wonderful evening of me time, a realative rarity. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.