Thank you

2 May 2008





This is a belated Thank You for all the lovely comments I received on my Simple Living post last week.
It was very flattering to read everyone's thoughts and so comforting to find so many like minds who come to visit regularly.
I don't often take the chance to answer your comments but please be assured I read everyone of them and enjoy finding a note from old friends and new visitors.




I've noticed once again around blog land that various people are deciding to take a holiday from their blogs or close them down completely.
This seems to be a regular occurrence for some people and others are just finding that they no longer feel the need to blog regularly.
In many ways blogging is a strange thing to do, to present bits and pieces of your life for all to see, to trustingly allow strangers into your home and life.



I didn't start blogging with any particular change-the-world-mission in mind, it just looked like fun so I thought I would join in.
Now two years to the day since I began it is still fun.
I have actually made some good friendships, though very long distance ones, with fellow bloggers and blog readers who have seen something in my blog that strikes a chord with them and have wanted to get to know me better and I have felt the same about them.
My dear Natalie, Jewels and Jayne have made me feel that I am not alone in my somewhat eccentric views and interests.
All of my regular visitors who take the time to read my thoughts and find them worthy of comment are so appreciated.
It's a wonderful thing to be able to blather on and incredibly find others who agree or appreciate my view of the world.










I guess some kind of second birthday gift is in order. As I only just realised as I was writing this post that this is such a momentous post I don't have a present organised but I will think of something, perhaps a little quilt, that would be fun.


So, you know the drill, if you feel you might like to share this blog anniversary with me and have the chance of winning what I'm sure will be a pretty present just leave a comment with your name and I'll draw a winner in a few days time.
Is that vague enough for you?




Oh , by the way , the doll I am making for Lenny is almost ready and I'll post some pictures once I've posted it off to dear patient Lenny.



Once again, thanks so much to everyone who has visited over the past TWO years.
I've really enjoyed myself and, let's face it, blogging is a very self indulgent thing to do.
What a wonderful treat to have a little space on the WWW, a space all your own to fashion anyway you like and to have people who seem to like visiting.
Wonderful.




( If you are wondering where the music went, sonific soundspots are no longer available and I haven't been able to find a non singing replacement.
I would prefer no singing because I find it distracting when I'm trying to read.
If you are searching for the music that used to be here, the first song was "
the Love Theme for Nata from the film Cinema Paradiso", the version I had was by the Josh Groban Tribute Band.
You can listen to a portion of the music if you click on the link, and if you have never seen the film I would recommend it.
The second piece of music was "The Fairy Thorn" by
Ben Sands.His website has the music available to listen to and down load I think.
The third piece was the Josh Groban Tribute Band again with of course "You Raise Me Up" If you follow this link you can listen to a small exerpt from the two
Josh GrobanTribute Band pieces, I haven't checked out this site fully so I don't know what else is there.
If anyone knows of any music widgets for blogs I would be interested to hear from you)



68 Responses to “Thank you”

  1. Oh Jenny, I have loved reading your blog and learning about life in Australia. As an older woman (65 in 31 days!) I found that blogging allows me to share what I am doing. I have six grown children with families and this is a way to keep in touch and then I have met some new folks and so enjoy their "company" via blogland. As a new doll mkaer , as I have told you, your blog has inspired me and pushed me along. Thank you. Jan from Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty new to blogging regularly, and it is kind of an odd thing to do. But there is so much creativity to it, and I have learned so much from others. I do miss your music - I used to find myself humming it at work during stressful times of the day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, used the sonific songs on my blog and was suprised when they closed down. How disappointing! Your choices were lovely and calming.

    I have seen this one on many sites although I haven't really tried it out:
    http://www.playlist.com/

    I enjoy your blog immensely and hope you continue to entertain and enthrall us with your simple living and creative ideas.

    Lisa xo
    Knitty, Vintage and Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've lurked more than left comments, but I've enjoyed reading your snippets so much.
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2nd anniversary, Jenny. I love all the people and places I've visited through blogging. It is like having pen pals all over the world.
    Please include me in your little drawing.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again Jenny, I am so glad you are staying here bloging I sure enjoy reading about your life. I would love to be entered into your drawing for your 2 year ann. God Bless and Congratulations on 2 years here in Blog land.
    Sincerely
    Pam Watts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny,
    I just added playlist.com to my blog and it is working beautifully. They didn't have Ben Sands though.
    Please do enter me in your drawing. Thank you so much. Have a blessed weekend. Love, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny :) Sending hugs and warm congratulations on your two-year anniversary here. It is a joy to visit with you and to read a little of your heart. Love, Q

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, I just wanted to say what that it is an absolute pleasure to read your blog each day. You have an aura of calmness surrounding you with each post and it is just so soothing to read.
    Thank you for being you.
    Julie in Geralton West Australia

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's vague enough for me! I'd like to share your 2nd blog anniversary with you. Please enter my name. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For a moment there I thought you were going to announce a break from blogging too! Phew can't tell you how glad I am that isn't the case.

    My hubby will be up your way next Monday and Tuesday, should the doll be ready by then.

    Please don't put my name in this draw, I think I've had my share for a while.

    cheers Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny! Happy blog-birthday. I love your blog as always and look forward to reading it every day, or as often as you post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jenny and Happy Blogiversary. I've been reading your blog for a while now and whilst I have never left you a comment before, I've often wanted to email you and thank you for such a sweet gentle blog. Your email is surprisingly hard to find though.
    So, thank you. You definitely brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations of your 2nd year of blogging. I wonder how many dolls you have made in this time?
    I would love to know. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.
    Bev C

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jenny. Congratulations love. It's always a pleasure to visit you. I'd like to be in your draw please.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many congrats on your two year blog anniversary. I've just celebrated my first year of blogging and it really is a wonderful way to 'meet' people with similar views and interests. I love reading your blog and find your decriptions of your life in Tasmania so tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think blogging is a great way to connect with others. I think women and to an extent men need to communicate and perhaps modern living doesn't allow us to do that in the way our parents and grandparents did. Blogging allows us to make contact when and if we have the time while affording us a degree of privacy. I love being allowed a glimpse of someone's life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, two years of blogging? That's wonderful...you've been such a blessing to so many!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Blogthday Jenny. I'm sure I've told you this before but your blog was one of the first Australian ones I started to read. I very much enjoy the peek into your life which you give - it is very different to my own but is very inspiring and also calming. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, Jenny on your second anniversary of blogging. Your blog blesses me SO very much and reading it is usually the first thing I do in the morning. It sems to get my day off to a very sweet,gentle, heartwarming start. Then I go take my shower :-).
    Please add me to your drawing - I'd love to have something made by you.

    Blessings,

    Mary L

    ReplyDelete
  21. Many congrats on your second anniversary in Blogland! I really enjoy your blog a lot, it's inspiring and interesting and the little pictures you use from the old days always make me laugh. :-)

    Christine from the NL

    PS: I keep wondering about starting my own blog but I guess I'm worried about someone coming up to me one day and saying: "hey I know you from your blog!" I don't think I'd want that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love reading your blog and think your dolls are just adorable! Please enter my name in your drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jenny:

    Happy 2nd Anniversary! I am very glad you decide to blog, as I enjoying reading what you have to say enormously. Please include me in your little drawing.

    Best wishes

    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your 2nd anniversary. I look forward to your blog on a regular basis - such peace and inspiration. Please put me in.

    Nadege
    knit_fool@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Jenny- I was one of those people who gave up blogging for awhile... but I am back again. There was something so special about connecting with people around the globe that made me want to do it again. I think I first happened upon your blog from our dear Jewel's site... and I am happy that you have continued to share your lovely peaceful life with all of us.
    Blessings,
    Regina (Clare Jane)
    http://www.homesteadblogger.com/clotheslinepoet/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy #2 Jenny! I'd love to be in your prize draw. I still think of your post on family as the starting point for my blogging odyssey, and I say a private thankyou in my head as I remember your sweet pointers while scrubbing the loo, or something equally unappealing! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  27. congrats on 2 years blogging
    I look forward to reading your wonderful blog for many more years
    hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jenny,

    Happy Blog-Birthday! Two years, wow! Congratulations. I always find your blog a pleasure to read, you have a real knack for words and pictures :)

    Please add my name to your draw.

    Cheers,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning, Jenny,

    I would love to be included in your drawing. I love your blog and I'm glad you share snippets of your life with us. I enjoy blogging because I find that it alls me a creative outlet.

    By the way, I use www.playlist.com for my blog and have found a number of classical pieces that don't have words.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Jenny

    Thanks so much for being here everyday to read! I lurk more than I comment but I wouldn't miss your daily "chatter" for anything. I feel like an old friend hearing about your beautiful life.
    Keep up the excellent work.
    -hugs-
    Lis
    ps. I'd love to enter your giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations dear Jenny! I found you some time ago thru Jewels site. Your music reminded me of her - so sorry you can't get it anymore! I read your blog regularly and am glad you are planning to continue! It is so neat to read about life on the opposite side of the world! I would love to be in your drawing!!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations on reaching your second blog anniversary! I so, so enjoy reading about your simple life on the "other side of the world."

    A giveaway? I'm always "in" for something like that! Count me in...

    --Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  33. I do miss the music on your blog! It was so soothing and reminded me of Jewels blog! Please enter me in your drawing and happy blogoversary to you!!

    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good evening Jenny,
    Reading your blog each day is a pleasure I look forward to at the end of my day. Congratulations on your 2nd blogging anniversary. My husband & I are heading off tommorrow for a long awaited o/seas trip (I will be celebrating my 5oth whilst away) I shall miss popping in to read your lastest & shall catch up with your days on my return. Thank you for all that you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Jenny,

    I love to visit your blog daily, even if I don't often comment, my English is not good enough to say all I want to. I'm a 46 years old french mom of 6, and our lives are nor so far...as I noticed in your post "simple living.." I hope you will continue to blog for a very long time !

    Love from France

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations on reaching two years. Your blog has always been a peaceful place for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My youngest looked at the picture you have of the doll on your sidebar and said "is that doll Princess Jenny?" when I replied no, that she was just another doll you made, she replied "is that Princess Jenny's sister?".

    Congratulations on 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy 2nd anniversary, Jenny! I, too, was afraid that you were going to say that you were taking a break or leaving blogland. I let out a sigh of relief when you said it is still fun! Reading your blog is always one of the first things I do upon turning on the computer. I think it brings me a sense of serenity. Thank you for sharing bits of your life with us.

    I would love to be entered in your drawing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm so glad you are still having fun with your blog because I have fun reading it. Please include me in your drawing for the 'mysterious' present.

    Blessings,
    Rain

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your blog and read it regularly!@! It's beautiful and inspiring and helps me focus on the kind of life I am here for.

    Please include me in your drawing. tara . bray at gte. net

    ReplyDelete
  41. Dear Jenny,

    Thankyou so much for your inspiring blog, have been lurking for a couple of weeks and feel like I have found a kindred spirit. So glad you are continuing to blog - simple living, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Jenny,

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! I find it really inspirational that I can read about someone who shares the same values as me and who I would never have known about otherwise. I had to enter here as I know your prize is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations on your second anniversary of blogging. We are lucky that you are going to continue giving us a peak into your life and encouraging us to live a simple life too. I read your posts everyday, but am a lurker who is now commenting. Hope you have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Two years of blogging! I can't imagine that right now, having only just begun to blog this year, myself. I'm so glad that you will be sticking around in blog land. I love reading your blog, I think because you value all the same things that I do. I often find myself with a tear in my eye and saying 'Amen and Amen'! In the process I feel encouraged and inspired to keep going with the gentle simple things I love in life.

    Whatever gift you decide to give, I'd love to be in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congratulations on your blog birthday - a visit is always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dear Jenny,
    Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! How sweet of you to share your days with us. Please enter me in your drawing. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi dear Friend! I am glad you are still sharing your life with us. Jewels is a dear friend of mine as well and we have stayed in close contact since she closed her blog. Please continue writing!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Happy 2nd anniversary, Jenny!

    Like many others who've already commented, I too am so glad you continue to share slices of your lovely and inspiring life through this blog!

    Please include me in your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Please enter my name in your drawing. I don't comment often, but I do like to read about your life - it sounds so lovely & peaceful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Happy 2nd anniversary Jenny! I believe I found your blog late summer/early fall 07 (in US). Were you a good photographer already or did blogging kind of encourage that? Your photos are so well done, so lovely. Please do enter my name in your drawing. Thank you!
    Have a great weekend,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Dear Jen,congrats on your second year of blogging..you have touched many life's and heart's through your beautiful words and creativity. Please,count me in on your give away. I would be honored to own something made by your hands...

    Blessings,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  52. Dearest Jenny~

    Congratulations on your two year anniversary! I love blogging though I'm not as regular about it as I'd like to be. I'm glad you are still with us here...

    Like Regina..I found you through our dear Jewels, and I am so glad I did:-)

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh yes..I'd love to be entered in your little drawing too:-)

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hello Jenny, I have loved reading your writing on the blog - it is wonderfully inspiring. I try and read it regularly and always look forward to your gentle comments. With best wishes for your blog anniversary.
    Regards, Daffodilangel

    ReplyDelete
  55. I've only been blogging for a few months, and I found your blog through Jewels' Eyes of Wonder (and please do pass on to her that I think of her and her family regularly, I hope all is well with them). Reading your blog is like taking a refreshing five minutes sitting in a peaceful garden! I feel rested, even when you are posting about the busy times.
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Jenny ~

    I visit your blog nearly every day since you seem to post so frequently. I, too, am glad that your blog will remain open. As I have said many times, your blog is soothing to my soul in so many ways!

    Thank *you*.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  57. Happy blog-anniversery, Jenny! I have been reading your blog almost all of those two years and it has been a pleasure! I love sharing in you simple life, like visiting with a friend and sharing a cup of tea. You are an inspiration! Please enter my name in the drawing also. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  58. When I started reading this post I also wondered if you were about to stop blogging, I would have been very disappointed.
    I love following your life and often tell the family what you are up to. My eldest son (who will be leaving school in just a few short weeks) is always interested in news of Louis and Andy.
    Hope you continue to blog for many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Thank you for opening up your life to the whole world to see and read. I read every 2nd day and this is my first post, but thankyou for the beautiful pictures and thought you put into you blog. I live in Devonport Tas and love to know that there is someone else that thinks similar to me. I feel like such a black sheep most of the time.
    Rachel R

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi Jenny,
    It's the first time I've seen your blog and just wanted to say what a joy it is to read your site. I am a crafty person myself and your projects are lovely. I will visit often. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  61. TWO years. Wow. That's amazing. I enjoy your blog and check it every week or so. I don't know anything about music for a blog as I like quiet when I read (and most other times too!) but if you go over to my blog you can log onto a lovely site where you can design your own clock and another one for a counter. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  62. Happy Blog anniversary! I enjoyed your blog very much.
    Denise
    deniselovestom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Happy blogiversary, and many thanks for the inspiration you bring to us. One reason I like the Miss Read books is because they show me a slice of life somewhere else, a different place and time. I like peeking in. You get to know and love the characters. Your blog is a lot like that, and I am always eager to find out what is next. So thank you for sharing your life and family with us.

    I am missing the Sonific music... I did not know it was gone until I read your blog! Then I had to check mine!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Jenny,

    I wrote a comment earlier but I have a question for you? My friend and I are going on what I call an opshop crawl in Launceston in June. We usually go to City Mission in town on the rd leaving heading towards Devonport. Are there any more that you can reccommend? We are going to try the Salvo depot near the Maritime College also. Any advice would be fantastic. Thanks
    My email is happyharris at bigpond dot com dot au. Sorry I dont want anymore spam than I already get!!!
    Rachel R

    ReplyDelete
  65. Congratulations on your anniversay and thank you for your inspirational blog.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Congrats on the second bloggiversary! I hope I can make it that far, you'll inspire me to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thanks for all that you do to bring peace to others!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.