So Ordinary

1 Apr 2008

P5310002




I woke this morning feeling so happy.
I felt a deep contentment that made me sing inside. I felt that I was exactly where I wanted to be, living my life how I wanted it to be.
Not perfect, not storybook, but my real life.




Nothing special was supposed to happen today but it did.
It was one day out of many similar days when things just feel so good.
It was special because it was so ordinary.




I give thanks for my happy home, for a family to love and care for.

I try to live my life with a happy, trusting heart and live in the moment and the rewards just keep flowing.

Sometimes it's just the way you look at things : half full or half empty.

There are always going to be tough times but, for me, when I stay tuned into all the simple small things and trust that what ever is happening is just a part of a rich and full life I feel I can always find a measure of happiness even if it's only a glimpse of something sweet and special.

13 Responses to “So Ordinary”

  1. Our cat likes to sleep in funny places too! Funny creatures aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of your kitty! Isn't it wonderful to wake up happy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just what you mean.I sometimes wake with a delightful feeling of anticipation. I always have a good day when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, how inspiring. :) Thank you for sharing your contented heart with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dear Jen, I have those days to. When everything in the world just seems to be so right. If only for a day. I call it being truly content.~OH HAPPY DAY~

    Bless you dear Jenny,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's how I want my life to be. I'm not there yet, but you inspire me with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Kez. Yesterday I realised the only thing stopping me from being in the place you describe are my thoughts, and thoughts can be changed. So today is an opportunity for me to put that into practise, so watch out world I'm unleashing the happy, content, lucky to be living this great life me!

    Oh and the cat looks so comfy and content...I love cats.

    cheers Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. You expressed yourself so well on this subject of how to look at life. I really liked that line about how your day "was special because it was so ordinary."

    Today, I woke up feeling sort of blah. Like, oh great, I still haven't solved this problem and that one. But, then, as I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen, I saw little improvements that we've done to the house over the past six months. We've worked on this fixer upper house, and slowly it has become our home. I began to feel blessed and cheered. I consciously decided that I did not want to be in a funk anymore, that I was going to enjoy this new day God had given me.

    So, it's a lovely touch to the day to find your post which sums up so well the sort of day I chose to have. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautifully put!
    This contentment comes upon me more often when the seasons change. . .it's becoming spring here and I find that it's so easy to be joyful and satisfied with daily blessings. THAT is richness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny,
    You are wise beyond your years my girl..... I am not keen on cats but your cats amuse me. Do they think they are human? I hope you have many more special ordinary days.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  11. That collection of cats looks like contentment to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny,
    In a world where many people seem discontent with their lives, it is lovely to hear someone say how content & thankful they feel. We all need to stop & count our blessings, even if they are small everyday happenings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.