Cat on a Hot Tin Barbecue.

17 Mar 2008

P5180013


Another oppressively hot day , not at all typical for Tasmania at this time of the year.
Quilts put up at the playroom windows to limit the heat of the sun penetrating into the room.



P5180022


Doors and windows on the side of the house opened once the sun has moved around to the front in the hope of letting a little cool air in.



P5180015


Curtains almost looking like they are on fire with the sun burning through.



P5180026


The lightest lace covering pulled aside with a ribbon to let the slightest breeze into the house...



P5180027


and a cat who thinks the coolest place to sleep is on top of the barbecue.



7 Responses to “Cat on a Hot Tin Barbecue.”

  1. Hi Jenny,

    Came to your blog through Rhonda Jean's Down to Earth and love yours too (since I'm a huge crafter and doll lover myself).
    Just had to say about your post today that I absolutely love love love the quilt in your first pic from the playroom!!
    Christine in the Netherlands (it's still winter here!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,

    Your cat is so beautiful. I've been meaning to tell you this. I love cats but unfortunately two of my children are extremely allergic so we can't have one.

    I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay cool Jenny. Have you tried blowing an electric fan over a big tray of ice cubes? Alas, we have several months here in the UK to wait for the warm weather.

    Best,

    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Jenny could you send some heat this way to melt the huge piles of snow? I really enjoy your blog and am inspired by your dollmaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a box fan growing up and used to hang a wet towel in front of it, the evaporation would make it work almost like an air conditioner. That quilt in the window creates a stunning effect - Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your site....a quiet stop in my busy day. Thank you for sharing bits of your life on these pages. I especially like your weather right now, as we are again expecting bitter cold and snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.