Slideshow Widget

Southward bound

2 Feb 2008

the dry midlands


Well yesterday's trip south was lots of fun. We drove through the dry, dry midlands , three gorgeous bodies crammed into the back of the car.



it's squishy in the back seat


Poor Kate is permanently squished between her two brothers and it is not uncommon for a little verbal sparring to break out as they all jostle for more room. Luckily we don't go on long journeys often.

We stopped at my brother's house on the way. He wasn't home but we had a picnic lunch in his garden anyway.



Kate


The ceremony was blissfully short with some interesting musical interludes.



Andy


The food afterwards was to die for. Yummo and plenty of it. I expected something very lack lustre and was pleasantly surprised.



after the presentation


I must admit motherly pride as Louis walked up to get his certificate and medal from the Minister for Education.



the medal


We broke the journey home with a stop at Campbelltown for an ice cream and a wander in the park then it was home to feed the hungry animals and have lasagne for tea.




We have had a little rain today so the garden lives again. It wasn't enough to make much difference but everything feels and smells fresher in the garden. I have spent the day catching up on the washing and reading as well as doing the cleaning that didn't get done yesterday. I'm reading the last few chapters of Animal, Vegetable,Miracle again before it goes back to the library on Monday. I have really enjoyed the book and have copied out a few of the recipes.




I'm working on posting the pattern for the gnome I posted a few weeks ago and also a pattern for a knitted dress suitable for the 12" dolls I make. I haven't quite figured how to post them so that they will be easily accessible. I know Sarah wanted the gnome pattern and Evelyn wanted a dress pattern and I'm sure there are others who would be interested.



6 Responses to “Southward bound”

  1. congratulations on your son's award. You have every right to be proud. I hope you work out how to load the pattern as I would love to knit the little dress. I am a lurker but thought it was about time I said hi. I live in the north close to you and enjoy reading your blog very much. We are very similar in our living. Love your dolls too. So cute.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog...just seeing warm, sunny pictures is such a tonic...I live in Scotland and it's so grey, cold and wet just now...quite depressing...but your blog is so bright, colourful and interesting! Congrats on your son's award too!

    ~Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your son's award. It definitely sounds like something worth being proud of. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations to your son!
    would like to invite you to stop by my blog for my latest give away. I hope you'll come join the fun.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to all of you Jenny. I am sure that Louis would agree that without a stable home, his result would have been so much harder to achieve. What a beautiful family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, isn't Kate's outfit just darling. :)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.