A happy hello and a thank you

26 Feb 2008



Just dropping in quickly to say hello.
We have sickness in the house with both my husband Stephen and Kate unwell.
I'm not sure yet if they have been struck down with the same bug or not. Their symptoms are similar but one seems to be moving along faster than the other.




This is another one of those times when I am so grateful that my focus can be my family without having to make difficult phone calls to work or re arrange childcare and so on.
Instead times like these are just part of the continuum of home life.
Home, the safe harbour where there is always someone to care for you and hold you close.





I also want to tell you all how much I value you as readers and friends.

Between my family and home and my extended family and of course the dolls I don't have a lot of time to answer

emails or respond to comments but I certainly do appreciate you taking the time out of your busy and full days to come by, read what I have to offer and make comment or email me.

I know I have quite a few new readers and I welcome you and hope you continue to drop by when you have time.


Well back to my nursing duties now, I have Louis to help me this week so we are a happy little camp.

Bye for now.



15 Responses to “A happy hello and a thank you”

  1. I always feel so lucky that I can tend to the little ones guilt-free when they are ill. It is awful to have to make phone calls and such. I do hope everyone is well again soon!

    Your blog is one of my favorites.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone is feeling better soon! I felt the same way and was glad to be home when mine were sick recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everyone is up and running soon.

    Take care,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope that everyone gets well real soon. would like to invite you to stop by my blog to enter the drawings over there if you'd like.
    ~Tina
    p.s. do you ever hear from Jewl/eyes of wonder? so miss her blog and sweet ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everyone is better soon.
    Please don't rush sending my doll! I'm eager to meet her, but not in a rush, if that makes sense :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will pray that your whole family is soon well and happy again. I also was glad to be able to be home when my children were ill. For two years we lived two doors from my mother. When all of my older four children were in school, I worked mornings in a nursery school. My mother was an RN and would watch my children if one happened to be sick. I was off during their days off and vacations, so that was a help.Then we had two more children, so I was a SAHM again.:o) The thing I love best.

    Blessings,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. We too are convalescing.

    Rest easy faily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, I'm not a mother yet but I must say I don't like AT ALL the thought of being torn between the office and a sick child *shudder*. That's why I hope I can either stay at home full-time, do something from home, or have a very light and very flexible work schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the reminder of the blessing I have to be at home. Sometimes I take it for granted. Hope all of you are well soon!

    --Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. g.l.h said it well. Great post and reminder!

    I just stopped and said a little prayer for your family's health. I do hope that everyone will be back up and running soon!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear jenny
    hope everyone is well soon, hugs to you..its not always easy looking after patients..

    blessings to you all

    Shelley P
    from over the pond

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing your dear ones a speedy recovery...I too am very grateful for all the times I have been able to be there for my children when they were poorly...it's wonderful being a SAHM!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your family is much better quickly. Tummy bugs seem to be doing the rounds at our school right now, so I am praying that we don't succumb this time around!

    It certainly is a precious thing to be able to be there for your family right when they need you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope everyone gets well soon! Lots of chicken soup with matzo balls always did the trick for us!

    Cheers,

    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.