Slideshow Widget

Dailiness

6 Feb 2008

Yeshi's doll and his rainbow jumoer


Well it has been a day of rain, dolls and housework. I haven't any pictures of new dolls for the shop, they can wait till tomorrow. This little fellow is a recent custom order, a boy doll in a rainbow jumper for a little fellow who is turning four this weekend.



I'm quite pleased with the way the jumper turned out. In fact Kate thinks she would like one for herself.I'll add that to the list. It's always a bit of an adventure making up a pattern as you go but mostly they turn out OK.



I needle felted this little one's hair in an attempt to get a slightly tousled straight haired look, you know , a little boy look.



Had some good news today. The skin cancer on my Dad's face that has caused him to have extensive surgery in the past couple of weeks seems to be under control and it is unlikely that he will have to have any further surgery or invasive treatment. This is a great relief for Mum and Dad . The less time spent in hospital when you are almost 81 the better.



Tomorrow's plan, apart from organising the shopping list, is to spend as much time as it takes cleaning up my sewing area. At the moment it is best looked at with the lights off if you know what I mean. I'm so looking forward to it being tidy again. Pity I can't just say the magic word and everything jumps up and goes to where it belongs. I'll have to work on that.




Yeshi's doll


8 Responses to “Dailiness”

  1. I had never thought of needlefelting on the hair and love the idea. Did you sew on a wig first then needlefelt? I am wondering how the hair stays while being actively played with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, yes I did stitch the hair on first and then needle felted it. I have done this once before on another boy doll and I haven't had any negative feedback but I will have to try it on a doll that I keep and see how it fairs in with Kate's dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cheerful little jumper was the first thing that caught my eye too. I can see why your daughter would like one.

    I'm glad things are looking better for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful news about you Dad. That little boy doll is so cute. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a mother of boys I happen to love your boy dolls. I hope to be able to buy one soon. I especially like the colorful sweater on this one.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little boy doll is adorable and I LOVE the jumper! It is a winner!
    I am glad that your Dad's skin cancer is now under control and that he won't need chemo or radiation. My husband had a malignant melanoma on his upper arm several years ago. The Dr. took a chunk out of his upper arm to test and all below the melanoma was clear - We had caught it early enough.Thankfully, he also didn't need chemo or radiation.

    I love your blog and read it every day,

    Mary L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news for your Dad.

    And what a sweet boy doll. His rainbow is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.