Lazy daze

2 Jan 2008

P2270005


Don't you just love those long lazy days of summer, just hanging around with nothing to do and plenty of time to do it.
After the hustle and bustle of December, January is a New Year's gift for us all.



P2270014


The rest of the family has just come indoors as the light has finally faded. Tennis was replaced tonight by a game of cricket after a barbecue dinner eaten in the garden. Kate has been wandering the garden picking flowers to make a summer circlet of flowers for her hair. I sneaked inside to write to you.



P2270021


Stephen has just come in with some wine and yummy looking cheeses so the feasting continues. He cooked the barbecue for tea using his Christmas present Barbecue tools - very impressive, he said he felt like Go Gadget.



Wonderfully relaxing day today, some doll making, some cooking and eating, lots of family-ness, some late Christmas presents arriving in the post: books, chocolates and a fun leather elephant money box for Kate, notebook of handmade paper for me.



I'd better scoot or I'll miss out. I hope you are all enjoying the best of the season and the excitement of a wonderful new year to play with and explore.



P2270022

4 Responses to “Lazy daze”

  1. I love your photo of the seaside daisy (Erigeron karvinskianus). I used to have a lot of that in my garden in WA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year Jenny! ahhhh...the lazy days of summer...so nice to get a peek into your world when it's 5 below zero here today. lovely, lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, lazy, daisy New Year from across the Strait.

    Blessings and bliss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.