Grateful

6 Jan 2008

P3080008




I disappeared for a couple of days because I've been in hospital with my little Kate.
She fell sick on Thursday night and was diagnosed with appendicitis on Friday morning. Friday night she was operated on and now Sunday evening she is safely at home and doing well.We were accompanied on our adventure by sweet Amelia who I believe also had her appendix removed.





Just after I started this blog my poor Andrew (May 2006) suffered a ruptured appendix and peritonitis. It was an awful time resulting in a week of hospitalisation, mega drugs to kill the bugs and many weeks of rest and rehabilitation.


To say I was wary when Kate was facing an appendectomy would be an understatement. But, thank the Lord, it was a simple operation without any complications. She received wonderful care, her surgeon was a kind and straight talking young man and her primary nurse was everything you could want.



We had a single room with its own sitting room, just the right number of visitors, Kate's little friend Ruby visited with a simple bunch of flowers from her garden for her best pal. I managed to get plenty of knitting and a little reading done and I was reasonably comfortable sleeping two nights on the recliner armchair beside Kate's bed.





Kate has been slowly gaining confidence since she came home and the funny thing that she is, she had to play the piano to check that she hadn't forgotten how. She hadn't, you'll be pleased to know.




Isn't home a wonderful place?




P3080011




30 Responses to “Grateful”

  1. So glad to hear that Kate is fine after her operation. Im sure it was a worrying time for u. So sweet to see her playing the piano, just to make sure she hadnt forgotten!!
    Rest up, both of u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I am so glad Kate is all right and you are as well (These things are hard on Mums) You have inspired me to continue my dollmaking. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that Kate is recovering well. What a relief for you.

    Happy new year, Jenny. We have been away and I am looking forward to reading over your last week's posts.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an ordeal...so relieved that it went smoothly and all is well. And also a relief that she remembered how to play the piano! I hope you both get plenty of rest over the next few days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen, glad that Kate is back home and doing well after her surgery. My Daughter(Kathryne) had the same surgery at age six. She is 28 now! I remember it being a scary time, but all went well with her surgery as well. She is nurse now, caring for others.

    God Bless, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing sweeter than the sight of home after a stay in the hospital. (And isn't funny how just a few days seems like a bit of forever in the hospital?)

    Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Kate! And praises to the Lord for His faithful watchcare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Kate! You must be relieved her surgery went well and she's now home. I had my appendix removed as a teenager -- though I ended up staying in hospital for what seemed forever. God bless for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that Kate is fine after her operation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jenny, I am so glad Kate is fine and you survived. It is soo hard to have a child I the hospital. I am so glad you are home now. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry you all had to go through such a tough time. I'm glad Kate is feeling better and playing the piano. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate sounds like a beautiful, imaginative young lady and, while I'm sorry she had to go through this, I'm so pleased to know she's feeling better. I hope she continues to mend quickly.

    Wishing you plenty of restful days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Kate mends quickly, and I'm sure you are so happy to have her back home.

    My best,

    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO very glad all is well and the worry is behind you. It is always so scary when our children are ill, but operations are the worst! I hope you have a few quiet days now to relax and get over it all yourself.. I find the mental worry really tires me out, and I need a few days to decompress after a crisis.

    Wishes for quick healing zooming to you from the US!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny,
    I am so thankful that Kate is doing well. Blessings to you, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about Kate but glad that she is now at home and recovering well. Make sure you look after yourself as well, the worry can be very tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am SO glad that things went smoothly with Kate's operation and that she is home and doing well. Thanks for the photo at the piano. That story made me smile. I'm glad that you made it through her surgery too ! It is very scarey when our children have surgery. Now you can both recover at home :o).

    Blessings,
    Mary L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad Kate is recovering well. We had a scare with our youngest son when he was 13. It is a very trying time as a parent and you are so relieved when your young one is home again and feeling themselves. Kate looks lovely at the piano. Tell her that prayers for her coming from the US.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a scare! i am learning one of my most difficult roles as a parent is having a sick child. it is unbareable to watch them in pain. i am so happy to hear Kate is at home and well enough to take on the piano :) blessings to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jenny :) Home is a wonderful place! So glad to hear that your sweet girl is home and doing well. Love to you, Q

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to hear Kate is on the mend... and hasn't forgotten her piano!... All my best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to hear about Kate's operation but glad she is doing well and that her piano playing skills weren't removed with her appendix!!

    Your embroidered and crochet edge pieces from your previous post are lovely too - I also find them hard to resist at markets and op shops.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww...poor little birdie! and poor little mommy too!

    I am so glad she is recovering and home again. Praying her complete recovery arrives way ahead of schedule ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  23. That must have been a very worrying few days. So glad to see your daughter is home and looking so well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Home's best for getting well.
    I'm glad she's home and safe.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  25. So sorry to hear this - I hope recovery is boringly uneventful from this point.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sorry to hear this - I hope recovery is boringly uneventful from this point.

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh sweetie! rest and get better kate, let them all look after you!
    time to curl up and read read read!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad to hear that Kate is recovering well.

    cheers Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh poor Kate! Glad to hear she is all ok now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.