Slideshow Widget

Last week of school.

10 Dec 2007

P2070007


Just a quick post as I am very tired tonight. I've been working hard to get all the dolls packed up and posted off so that they reach their homes by Christmas. The last ones will fly off tomorrow.



P2080099


School finishes on Wednesday at lunch time. Tomorrow night is Kate's presentation night and then on Wednesday it is the senior school Speech Night for Andy and Louis. Then it's all over for another year.



P2080100


This morning when I went out the back to put the washing on I took a turn around the garden with Poppy.



P2080025


It is just so beautiful and full of life at the moment. We have had a little rain over the past few days and cooler temperatures and the garden has revived.



P2080070


We have raspberries, youngberries, alpine strawberries and normal strawberries bearing fruit though not yet ripe.



P2080062


We have walnuts and medlars, nectarines and apricots.



P2080054


There are apples and plums and green gages and peaches.



P2080051


There are grapes and feijoas, pears and a happy rhubarb.



P2080095


Nothing is ready to harvest yet apart from the rhubarb but there will be lots of happy eating over the next few months.



P2080077


It's a privilege to have such a lovely place right outside my back door.
It is such a great place to be quiet and still .
It so often feels like a secret garden.
I'll share some more pictures tomorrow.



10 Responses to “Last week of school.”

  1. your garden is so beautiful! hope you can get some rest :)

    missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your mini garden tour. It is so wonderful to see all the beautiful plants and the sunshine. Were blessed with 5 inches of ice and the moment, and maybe with a little luck it will snow to give us some traction.
    Also your angel is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden made me think of fruit salad. Yum. I'm envious my raspberries don't have any colour yet.

    cheers Lenny

    Oh and how I wish my children were finishing school this week, we still have 8 days of school to go, I'm so ready for them to be home relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Jenny. I am looking forward to the day that my garden is as productive as yours.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your berries look divine. We can't grow most of the plants you have in your garden as it is too hot and humid here in Qld. Your garden is lovely.

    Regards,

    Shell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tour of the garden. Please get some rest. BlessingsMary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your angel is so adorable and your gatden truly beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us all :)
    -hugs-
    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny :) Your garden is gorgeous - oh, how we are missing ours (as we look forward to the possibility of some snow).

    Happy end of school to all of you! And I have to say that angel is just precious. She has so much personality, that I am certain she can speak :) Love to you, Q

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to say that I wish you many blessing and to your son who is finishing up school this year. I, too, have a son who graduates this year (1/2 year until summer break yet). Personally, I have been on a rollercoaster ride of emotions while he decides where to study for college, not knowing if he'll be near or far, how often will he get to visit, have I been an encouragement to him as he chooses his own path? It is good to visit your blog to just sit in the company of another whose first baby is speading their wings. I wish you joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.