Indecision

1 Dec 2007

Christmas fairies 2


The house seemed to be full of little girls today with a couple of children who used to live close by coming to visit for the day. It was non stop play making up for lost time. Andy and Stephen were at the cricket all day. Louis is right into a new novel so after getting up late - he is on holidays you know - he made himself some breakfast and settled on the kitchen couch for an hour or two or three.





I was busy making some Christmas presents, Christmas angels. I made a few extras to put into my new shop, they will be in there tomorrow. My etsy shop is still there, I'm just experimenting with a site that links from my blog and back again without being attached to the whole etsy site. I have had great success with my etsy shop but sometimes I loathe uploading new stock because it seems to take so long. I don't know if I have enough traffic to my blog to make a stand alone shop work but I'll give it a try as well as keeping the etsy shop open. I might even keep the etsy shop for my Steiner/Waldorf style dolls and my new shop for other things. I don't know, I really like the ease of the new shop. I'll see how it goes.( I think I wrote the word etsy too many times)



So tell me what you think, is it user friendly? Is it a dumb idea?




Anyway while I was making dolls I was also taking a trip down memory lane listening to some of my old LPs from the eighties. The wonderful Vince Jones who we used to go and see at a pub in Fitzroy, Melbourne. He had such stage presence, he was great to watch even if you had to put up with a suspect supper to fit in with the licensing laws . Joe Jackson's album is the music of our early times together,love that music. And I never really liked the Elvis Costello album but it was a present and I've kept it all these years and I do like how his music has developed over the past two decades.




back to the eighties 2

back to the eighties

5 Responses to “Indecision”

  1. I can't remember the last time I visited a jazz club, but used to do so all the ime in Sydney in the late 80s and early 90s. So many great bands around at that time.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day to me Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I just adore your little "pin tin." Perhaps you could show us the front cover? Many thanks!
    ~~Robin in CA

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love Joe Jackson.
    My daughter looked at your doll gallery and pictures in your blog and has fallen in love with them. She kept commenting on how clever you must be to make them. She really loved the mermaid and the dark dolls with the gorgeous hair braids.

    cheers Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two shops? Your blog is run very well, and of course, supports your esty shop. I would give it a go. You will know what decision to make when you need to make it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.