Snore-ily

11 Nov 2007



I have been struck by a cold so despicable it is threatening to end my marriage as I have taken to snoring so loudly and annoyingly that poor Stephen has taken to spending half the night sleeping in the loungeroom. A tired Stephen is an unpredictable creature and sleep deprivation is a harsh punishment for someone who loves to sleep.


Me, I sleep soundly ( and snore-ily) until about 5am when I wake with a sore dry throat.
I wonder why.
Could it be because I am snoring loud enough to wake the whole house , snoring for hours on end and wake gasping for a mug or two of warm sweet milky tea to ease the pain.

This too will pass and no doubt the bed hopping and sleeping on the loungeroom floor will result in Stephen getting his version of the cold and perhaps exacting his revenge.


On a different note, the painting above by Russell Sidney Reeve was featured on the cover of the latest Persephone Biannual ,which, by the way, has some really interesting reading, and I just love it although on their cover they have cropped it and the travellers are heading in the opposite direction. I always wanted to be one of the capable knitting ladies with the scarf on their head. I have the knitting part but can't quite manage the scarf. I love the colours of the woman's clothes and of the flowers.
I wonder where she is going?
Obviously she is going to Ipswich but is she visiting someone or on her way home from a visit?
Perhaps she and her son are going to stay with her sister for a while.
Perhaps it's Easter time, with those flowers it must be spring.
Is her husband off at the war and what is she knitting?

Lovely painting.


Check out this video and have a look at their website as well

8 Responses to “Snore-ily”

  1. Get well soon Jenn!
    Best wishes from a snorer who doesnt even need a cold as an excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is that time of the year when colds come out to bite!
    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    I love that painting - I have never seen it before. It has a very calm quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dear...please get better soon. I myself have felt a cold coming on all day...hoping it doesn't take hold. I love the picture...I had never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better, I love the picture too, haven't seen it before. I love pictures that make you wonder what everyone's story is. I haven't heard of the magazine before, is it a magazine or a book? where do you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww Jenny... I do hope you get better soon.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny,
    I hope you'll be feeling better soon. And about that snoring.....you didn't have to be SO honest about yourself. I don't picture you snorily at all!! Amazing what being online can do for your image, hey?

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear jenny

    I tried to leave a comment a few days ago....I live near Felixstow and Ipswich Uk.....The green fields are still their as in the pictures...but the road is alot wider!!! Also the buses are upgraded...but not as comfortable as I remeber the old buses to be...

    Thank you for such a lovely site...love your dolly's...they are all so different and full of character..
    Shelley P
    from over the pond

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.