Slideshow Widget

Rosie

15 Nov 2007

Rosie 1


This little cutie is now in the shop and more of her friends will be joining her over the next few days.



Rosie 3


She is 12'' tall and so sweet, Kate has named her Rosie.



Rosie 6


As well as her peasant blouse and gingham bloomers she is wearing a reversible pinafore so that gives her lots of outfit options.



Rosie 4


She of course is wearing hand knitted underwear.
There are no fastenings on any of her clothes apart from the two little ribbon ties on the pinafore.




Rosie 2


Her hair is the meltingly soft kid mohair that I recently found at the craft fair and was handspun by a local lady.
And , like all my dolls she is stuffed with sheep's wool and made from all natural fibres. She is fully hand washable and of course very lovable.

Finally I have something new in the shop, but hopefully not for too long.

SWEET ROSIE HAS FOUND A NEW HOME.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS.


19 Responses to “Rosie”

  1. Were you inspired by "Eyes of Wonder?" Rosie is absolutely adorable and I love her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ever did you guess. I discussed it with Jewels and she was happy for me to use her daughters' summer wardrobe for my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Rosie is your best yet, she is just lovely. You are very clever and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is wonderful! Nice work! Bet she doesn't last too long in the shop! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also was reminded of Jewel's sweet children's clothing. You really manage to give each doll it's own personality!

    Blessings,

    Mary L

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful! You are indeed a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love little Rosie, she is so pretty and sweet. I can see the sweetness from the style of the wardrobe of Jewels little girls in this sweet little doll. Rosie was my mother in law name and the middle name of my youngest daughter, Kathryne Rose !

    Blessings,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I really love Rosie, I wish I had some grandbaby. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her hair and pinny are wonderful features on Rosie. Some little girl will enjoy dressing her in all her outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. I'm sure she will be claimed by someone to love very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's beautiful! I need to go check out your etsy shop.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is beautiful. If only my daughter hadn't decided that she has grown out of dolls!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny, She is just beautiful. Have a lovely weekend. Love, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Jenny:
    I had not been to your site for several weeks and just as I got to it, I was greeted with that beautiful music and that very beautiful doll. Of course, the immediate association was with Jewels' next to the youngest. (I miss Jewels) I see that several others had the same thought.
    Your dolls are beautiful--all of them, but this one is so special...
    Thank you for sharing her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.