Rest day

28 Aug 2007





I had the chance to catch my breath today, to just relax and get a few things done around the house. I was still really tired this morning after my day at the hospital yesterday. I visited dad tonight and he looked really well. His eyes were twinkling and he really was able to carry on a proper conversation. If all goes according to plan he will be home soon.


I took some time to wander around the garden. The weather was perfect, sunny and bright with just a little breeze to get the washing dry. I walked up to the butchers to get some meat for my delicious meatball and vegetable soup, just perfect with some of the little spring vegies that are around including broccoli and silver beet from the garden. The day felt so restful after yesterdays stresses.


I have finally cut out Kate's nightie. It was put to one side last week after all the drama with dad. Hopefully I will have some time over the next few days to get it sewn together. We still have more chilly nights ahead of us even if the days seem to already be telling us that spring is here.


Last week I posted about my home notes book and so far this week I haven't had a chance to spend any time with it but I will before I head for bed. I have really missed that time to organise my week, to get my mind around what needs doing and what special projects I might get started. I have been in survival mode since last Tuesday: regular meals, clean clothes and a reasonably tidy house have been the extent of my homemaking and of course that is quite reasonable.

























6 Responses to “Rest day”

  1. Glad to hear that your Dad is improving. Lovely photos of your garden, the spring flowers look so fresh just as things are starting to look tired over here. The Euphorbia is a real spring-time green, greens seem to get darker through the summer somehow.
    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so neat to see spring approaching in your country and fall is around the corner for us in Pennsylvania USA. I really like your blog. My parents are now eighty and things are falling apart physically. Still totally independent. It is good that you are there, tiring but your presence is so important. (Evne though they think they can still do it ALL). Take care Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been following your blog--caring for aging parents can be trying and one does the best they can under the circumstances. The pictures of your flowers are just beautiful. We won't be seeing some of the blooms you have until spring--sigh...

    Blessings,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I read over at Jewels' that your dad is feeling better, and came here to read more. So happy for you. I'm glad you got some (much needed, I'm sure) rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear that your dad is doing better. I pray that he will be able to go home at the appointed time and that he will continue to improve.
    Your flowers are lovely by the way...I assume those are in your garden? Such lovelies!

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pleased to hear your Dad is getting better, Jenny. I'm enjoying Spring in your garden as much as Spring in mine , I think. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.