Slideshow Widget

Bad news

22 Aug 2007



My dad is unwell and in hospital again. He was taken there in an ambulance last night after falling suddenly ill. He had to spend the night in the emergency room thanks to the appalling public hospital system that is so seriously underfunded they don't have enough beds or staff.

He has had various tests but they are still uncertain about a diagnosis and he will be in hospital for at least three days. At the moment he can't walk because of poor balance and is suffering terribly from vertigo and is vomiting with any movement. Mum is holding up OK but of course is terribly worried for him.

He finally made it to a ward and proper bed early this afternoon. What kind of government spends money on football teams instead of the health of its citizens and makes a frail eighty year old man wait so long for a bed.

Unbelievable.

28 Responses to “Bad news”

  1. I´m so sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this Jenny. My eighty year old Mum recently went though a similar experience with our public health care system after collapsing at home. It is scandalous.

    I hope your father is feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to read this.
    I hope your father is feeling better soon.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenny, I hope your dad gets better very soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your father has a speedy recovery.

    Best,

    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs to you Jenny, hope your dad is soon feeling better.

    cheers Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, I had the same experiences with my dad - combined with a 1.5 hour trip for him to the closest hospital with facilities to treat him. Crazy.

    I hope he's doing better, and that your mum, and you, are coping ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your Dad and thinking also of your Mum and you.
    I regret things are little better in hospitals in the UK and the follow up care is appalling.
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thoughts r with u and ur family Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big hugs, Jenny. I'm praying for you Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, dearest ((Jenny))
    I am so very sorry to hear about your precious dad. It must be so painful for your mom and those that love him, as well, to watch your dad suffer and want for tender/even adequate care. He is so blessed to be so very loved. I am thinking of you, your dad, mom and family, and praying for you. Love you, little jenny wren.
    Tenderly, Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I do pray your Dad will be well soon ! God Bless him .
    Blessings,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jenny!! Sending thoughts from way over here that they can find out what is wrong quickly, and fix it. And prayers for peace and strength for you all while you go through this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing the best for your dad Jenny. Positive thoughts and prayers.
    love Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry Jenny, I hope your father is fine very soon. How utterly sad. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear about your father,
    Jenny. I hope he will now start to feel better. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dearest Jenny~
    My heart goes out to you during this time. I pray that your father will be blessed with returned health and peace for you and your mom.

    Thinking of you...

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenny,

    I'm new to your blog, but I do hope you accept my most sincere prayers about your Dad. I hope he, God willing, is back home soon. We are all in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pausing to lift your father in prayer.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm very sorry. Your father is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jenny, I hope your dad is feeling much better soon. How wicked it is to put sport above health. I'll be thinking of you all today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am sorry to hear about your dad and what he had to go through at the hospital. I said a prayer for him.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jenny, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, be strong and brave.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to hear this. :-( Sending warm thoughts your way and hope you get some more news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, Jenny- I just read this- I am so sorry. At this time last year, I was going through much the same with my dad... it is so very hard. I am sending you blessings and prayers all the way from FL...
    take care of yourself and prayers for you and the family, esp. your mum...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I will be thinking of you Jenny and hoping and praying that your dad is feeling much better soon.
    Take care,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.