Small Things

1 Jun 2007



Welcome to my almost winter kitchen: fire blazing, washing drying, pot full of something for lunch ( left over curried sausages actually). The new load of wood arrived early this morning and the boys stacked the whole lot while Kate and I went for a walk to the post office. That is the best thing you know. For years it was Stephen and me with small children helping but not doing that much, then bigger children helping but sometimes grudgingly and now two young men who just get on with the job.




Funny thing about the two red cardigans drying by the fire, the one on the right is mine and the one on the left is Kate's but was mine originally when I was a little girl. I hadn't realised before how similar they are; collar and high buttoning. The two pink ones are also relics from my childhood but actually belonged to my sister, I always had red and blue, my sister had pink.


8 Responses to “Small Things”

  1. oh how id love to snuggle up to that fire Jenny......we went electric years ago but its something about a flame that warms u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the picture of a comfortable home. Lovely. I can almost smell the sausages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your almost winter kitchen looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take such a good photo Jenny. "Small things" always mean so much and I have a thing for red woollies, so I love that washing line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful warm winter picture!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Dropped by your blog today. I love your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely picture of the woollies drying over the stove. Warms the cockles of my heart, it does.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.