Slideshow Widget

A cuppa, a Bex and a good lie down

15 Jun 2007



I'm on the verge of feeling overwhelmed here and I need a cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down. Why, you ask?

Well let me unload:

1. the school holidays are almost finished and I'm craving a little extra space. It's not that I don't enjoy my children's company but I just want to get back to my normal routine and do a little less food preparation. How can they eat so much and stay so slim and healthy? They are bottomless pits where food is concerned.

2. There has been so-o-o-o-o much washing these holidays and few good drying days I feel like I'm drowning in washing to be done, washing almost dry but not quite and airing in various places around the house and dry washing waiting to be put away.

3. We are about to start BIRTHDAY WEEK which I enjoy but find exhausting.






Explanation of BIRTHDAY WEEK : Louis' 18th birthday on Monday but a lunch with our extended family is being held on Sunday, Andy's 15th birthday on Thursday, Louis' 18th birthday party with his friends on Saturday and Stephen's 47th birthday on Sunday; add to this the drama of Stephen's work deadline approaching, the return to school, various soccer and football games and you can see why I'm tired just thinking about it. It looks like very bad family planning but it is all Andy's fault, he was born almost 4 weeks early and settled himself between the other two June birthdays.


So, I guess you know what I'll be doing next week - that's right - cooking and cooking and wrapping presents and cooking and cooking and wrapping and cooking and cooking and wrapping plus being grateful I have my two lovely boys and my lovely husband and looking forward to August when the girls have their birthdays.






The top picture comes from an article at the Port Halcyon site called the Modern Retro Housewife, it's an article I have always enjoyed.

8 Responses to “A cuppa, a Bex and a good lie down”

  1. Wow alot of birthdays! Happy Birthday to all three and I hope you manage to survive the festivities - we're suffering the same fate as you, it's raining solidly and there is washing to be done but it's all backing-up because there just isn't enough room in the house to dry it all!

    Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yes my head hurts just thinking about it. Happy birthday to them all though and I'm sure they're grateful that they have a nice mum like you to organise it all for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the birthday week. Happy Birthday to all three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that article. I think I need to start having my hair done each week! Good luck with birthday week. We have the same thing in March each year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to all of the boys in your family. we've just had our birthday week, Hubby and my eldest son in the first week of June and my dad and MIL in the last week of May. I find it quite stressful only because of the organising aspect.

    cheers Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy do I know how you feel it's like that from OCt through to Christmas at Willow HOuse - exhausting! Happy Birthday to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of birthday.
    I know how you feel.
    Happy birthday to all three.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many happy returns on many happy days ahead! Thanks for sharing when the road gets bumpy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.