The Vest

18 May 2007




Well, here is the long awaited vest. The light is still lousy here as it has been raining all day but I think the colours are fairly true. It reminds me of the colours of the Pompom tree or snowball tree ( viburnum opulis) I took a couple of weeks ago. Since that photo was taken the tree has developed lovely plummy tones like the vest so we may have to call it the pompom vest and confuse everyone.








I only had three of the most desired buttons so we added two others that look like yummy jubes to complete the set.
The ribbed back pulls the vest in nicely to give a snug fit in much the same way as the little strap across the lower back of a man's suit vest. Now I can put away my 6.5mm crowbars and get back to finishing my cardigan. I rather fancy making myself a sleeveless something as well. What a joy to not have to worry about sleeves. I hate knitting sleeves .

Oh, for those that care the yarn is Patons Shadow Tweed and comes in three different colouways.This is colour 6906. It is 56% wool and 40% acrylic and 4% something else. It is at least 12ply.




14 Responses to “The Vest”

  1. That was a quick and satisfying knit!... The colours are lovely. Yes the sleeves take always so long, it must have been a joy to knit... When I knit a garment, I usually start with one sleeve so that when I come to the end of the body, there is only one more to do... (psychologically, it helps...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautyful colours! I like the vest.
    angelika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vest! I love the way the yarn knit up! The colors are so inviting! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vest! I love the way the yarn knit up! The colors look so inviting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely autumn colours and the buttons are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful..perfect Fall colors. Can't wait to see the cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the vest looks great.
    Beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color changes are luscious there. Your autumn leaves photo perfectly whetted the color palate for me to appreciate the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really beautiful. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors in the yarn are beautiful. Great job!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow that is beautiful!!! i really love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful and I love the way the colour fades......

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning vest - the colours are exactly that of an autumn apple or a sunrise. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.