Rainbows

25 May 2007



This little cat knows the warmest place to be when nobody ( not looking at anyone in particular) has bothered to light the fire.





The doll's rainbow quilt takes shape.


School holidays start today. It has been a busy and tiring term for all the little wrens and I forecast many sleep-ins over the next little while.


10 Responses to “Rainbows”

  1. The quilt is lovely, as are the fairy toadstools. Clever cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of the crochet afghan and quilt, colours I would never use, but now I am considering it...
    You asked me about my chickens that were killed by a fox...well yes, I am going to replace them after the summer vacation, and lock them in every night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love your granny squares with the cat in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats always know where the best place is in the house... I love your little doll quilt... and your new vintage banner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the doll with the quilt. I like the good, strong colours. It's our last day of term as well. My eldest girl is tired out and is looking forward to picking elderflowers for cordial. I am under strict instructions not to go picking without her. It's exam time for our kids, the children I tutor are EXHAUSTED...there's got to be a better way to assess progress that exams in an overheated sports hall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The school year appears to be different in Australia than the US. While some schools have implemented a year round schedule, to my knowledge, most schools have an approximate August/September to May/June school year.

    When I first saw your adorable quilt, I thought that it was a game board and the toadstools game pieces! On a more focused view, I understood my error. Both are very nice! I love your craftsmanship

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rainbow quilt is exquisite -- and the little toadstools, I just love those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty quilt! I must make more time to be able to do some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute...everything!

    Love your new banner, too. You have inspired me to get one too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! After being away on holiday for two weeks (and not having had a chance to read blogs during that time), it's great to return and see all you've been doing! The afghan is a colorful, treat, as is the doll quitl. The new banner is super too...Love your creativity! Happy Days! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.