relax, relax, relaxez vous

5 Feb 2007




We had a hot, dry weekend. The kind of hot equivalent of a rainy weekend where you just want to stay inside and avoid the weather. Step outside and you can hear the garden going crisp.

We don't have any kind of cooling system but we have a cool house and there have been cooling evening breezes. Much nicer to stay inside.





Our chooks (hens, chickens, whatever) have been laying, bless them. They are just starting to get going when it is almost autumn. I think they are working to pensioners rules; at their time of life they will work when they want and how they want.




Someone seems to have forgotten the recipe for an egg-shaped egg though, she has gone for the elongated look. I'm not sure if it will catch on.


10 Responses to “relax, relax, relaxez vous”

  1. those kittens are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the egg ~ the eggs we've been buying recently are very small local ones which I guessed were probably from pullets. Those kittens are growing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kittens and egg laaing chickens what more could a family want?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an odd-shaped egg, might it have a double yolk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kittens look adorable. I'm relieved to know my chickens are not the only ones that lay crazy shaped eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In another life, I think I want to be a cat... I am just looking at mine, who is not a kitten anymore, and he is doing just what yours are doing at the other end of the world... What a hard life!...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get funny shaped eggs from the local farm shop...I wonder how many commercial eggs are rejected because fo their shape?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitties are so cute!

    The long eggs remind me of babies who come after long, long labors and have "cone-heads." Maybe the chickens struggled to lay....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope to keep chickens someday. How much work is it for you to have them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just ~loved~ watching your kitties grow!

    Blessed Week : ) Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.