Crazy Cockatoos

10 Feb 2007



It is 5.25am. I woke with a nasty headache and when I got up I realised it's raining. Absolutely pouring. I was chatting to someone at the pool last night and she said when the cockatoos start flying around and being very active it is going to rain and she predicted rain over night. She should get a job as a weather forecaster. She was spot on.


The rain will ruin many people's plans for the weekend: Festivale is on , it is an open air festival so rain is its greatest enemy, my son's cricket game might be abandoned if the rain continues. I had planned a day of baking and sewing, I'm such a gad about. A rainy day is perfect for me.


3 Responses to “Crazy Cockatoos”

  1. Ah! I love a rainy day, too! Handwork while snuggled under a quilt with a snack of tea and cookies is always enhanced by rain. :-)

    Even better if it's a warm weather rain and the windows can be opened to let the freshness in.

    It's bitterly cold here at the moment so it's hard for me to remember back to warmer days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's finally raining here too; It is afterall winter...
    And after nursing a sick child and fighting what ever it is I'm now down with a head cold. Between naps I think I'll sew too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baking and sewing sounds like a great way to spend a rainy day. Here we are having wind and snow ~ brrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.