Grandma Moses

29 Jan 2007

I really love the paintings of Anna Mary Robertson Moses, better known as, Grandma Moses 1860 - 1961



It was in "My Life's History" that Grandma Moses expressed her basic philosophy:


"I look back on my life like a good day's work, it was done and I feel satisfied with it. I was happy and contented, I knew nothing better and made the best out of what life offered. And life is what we make it, always has been, always will be."

from New York Times, Obituary Dec 14, 1961



3 Responses to “Grandma Moses”

  1. For me, it is so important to create! Certainly, Grandma Moses did. Before she painted, she created paintings using worsted-weight wool. The November/December 2006 edition of Piecework magazine did an article of her needlework. I can certainly see why you love her work so! She is an inspiration. Maybe that is what contributed to her long life! Thanks for the post!
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great philosophy. I like her work too, my husband actually collects naive art, well prints of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Grandma Moses and I thank you for sharing those works with us. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.