Slideshow Widget

I'm not weird really I'm not.

19 Jan 2007




I have been tagged by Dannielle, who was tagged by Simmy, to give you a list of 6 weird things about me that I would like to share with you and all of cyberspace. I'm taking a chance here that everyone will be so shocked or repulsed or bored that they will never visit me again.




I don't believe that I am weird in any way but I asked my son this question last week actually and he said eveything about me is weird. Thank you Mr 17. So......



number 1 weird thing: everything about me is weird to a 17 year old's sensibilities.



number 2: asked Mr 14 he said "You are a doll maker, nobody's mother makes dolls".



number 3: asked Miss 9, she thinks it is a little weird that sometimes (often) we speak in our own version of English. I think this is a sign of our incredibly rich creative life, or boredom, you choose.



number 4: This, I think, may be a little weird.... I cut my own hair and have on and off since I was an impoverished uni student. I usually don't look in the mirror while I'm doing it because I get too confused with the mirror image business. I just cut some then check in the mirror then cut some more and so on. I quite enjoy the challenge of it and people don't laugh in my face so it can't look too bad.



number 5: I love "lamb's fry and bacon" and "devilled kidneys". I don't like any other offal apart from pate. I never get to eat any lamb's fry or kidneys because the rest of the family won't let me bring any offal into the house. I hope you are not too disgusted.



number 6: I am looking forward to being an eccentric but kindly old woman who knits, and sits with cats in the sunshine while her equally eccentric husband tends the vegie garden before having lunch under the blackwood tree with their children and grandchildren. My portrait is above.



Now I'm not sure I want to subject anyone else to this very weird challenge so I will name six victims but if you decline I'll will understand : Plain and Simple, Carolyn, Rebecca, Suzanne, Carolyn and Francoise.




The rules: People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.



6 Responses to “I'm not weird really I'm not.”

  1. Oh dear I really do need to do this now, this is the third time I have been tagged! I also asked the kids if they could think of anything wierd about me and they relied "EVERYTHING!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not weird at all! hehe. Very interesting indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...thanks, I think. I'll have to think about this and ask Ms 12, then I'll post. It will make a weird 100th post but should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling that if teenager thinks that you're *not* weird then you must be very weird indeed! BTW ditto on old, eccentric lady who loves cats...I want to be like the woman in the Jenny Joseph poem and wear purple and misbehave very slightly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is normal that your children think you are weird. It is friends who think I am. Well, they don't actually use the word, "weird." They call me "different." I guess I cannot be that different if they consider me a friend! Maybe they think they are "different" as well! I would rather think of myself as someone who "things out of the box." :-)

    I enjoyed your post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.