Slideshow Widget

The Last Post for 2006

30 Dec 2006






I love the time between Christmas Day and New Year. I always try to make it a time of quiet reflection even when I am busy with house guests. All the busyness and fuss before Christmas just gives way to this wonderful feeling of relaxation. Meals still have to be prepared and washing done but Christmas leftovers take care of many meals and new Christmas clothes take away the urgency of washing.






I'm not big on New Year resolutions but I do look forward to all the possibilities the New Year might bring. We have a few of milestones this year: our 20th wedding anniversary in January, my Dad's 80th birthday in February, my Mother-in-law turns 70 in February also, my daughter turns 10 in August so that is a special celebration. It is my eldest son's last year of school and that involves some special occasions such as the 50 mile walk all his class has to do. I'm hoping to make a doll each week and have a stand at the Tasmanian Craft Fair in November and I really want to have a more successful year with the vegetable garden, weather willing that is.



The whole family has gone on a fruit picking expedition and trip to the beach. Our car is not big enough for 6 people so I am HOME ALONE for the day. What bliss! The house needs a bit of work but I should have time for some quiet sewing, knitting and reading.

HAPPY NEW YEAR



10 Responses to “The Last Post for 2006”

  1. I love this week, too. It's like a giant sigh, isn't it?

    I hope you and your family had a joyous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home alone?! That sounds absolutely dreamy.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this week,too. I have time to read books and knitting..
    Home alone...this must be wonderful
    I wish you and your family A Happy New Year..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you, I love those days, filled with silence, peace, life slows down and there is suddenly so much time for planning, reading and knitting. Always a wonderful week.
    A Happy New Year to you and your family, may it be a lucky and healthy one where all your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this week, too! And, you are home alone? How wonderful!
    A blessed New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! You're so right about this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you! And enjoy that alone-time too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.