Slideshow Widget

Done and Dusted-ish

13 Nov 2006




It is finished-ish. We are having a slight problem deciding on appropriate ribbon length so we are letting it hang around for a while until we have made up our minds. It is such a wonderfully light cardigan and so soft.




It is a beautiful fit . My idea of making the largest adult size in a smaller ply wool on smaller needles has worked well although the sleeves could have been a little wider. Not too much wider though as we both like the slim-fitting look of it. It is quite an elegant cardigan for a young girl.




The original pattern ( post for Sept. 1st) was knitted in Karabella Yarns Aurora 8 on 4mm needles. I used Grignasco Bambi, shade number 175 on 3.25mm needles. As this is a baby wool it's very soft to the skin and should be useful through spring, on cooler summer days and into the autumn by which time my daughter will probably have outgrown it.
The pattern is Seed Stitch Cardigan by Jo Sharp and it was featured in Vogue Knitting Fall 2003.
I would quite like to knit this pattern for myself but I think I'll make something else first.

16 Responses to “Done and Dusted-ish”

  1. How pretty! I absolutely LOVE the wide ribbon idea! Yous did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cardigan is beautiful!

    Did you make your hanger covers too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny thisis sooo beautiful, really. Well done !! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cardigan is so lovely and pretty, your daughter must be very proud for getting it and you for making it. And she looks very very nice wearing it. What a shame that you think she will outgrow so soon, it is a garment I would like to have for ever. Lucky us adults for not growing anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it is absolutely gorgeous. Such a great colour and I think that lovely satin ribbon is just right! Bravo!

    PS. I like the padded coathanger. Super stash buster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. jenny, it is beautiful! perfect for the weather on this part of the planet at the moment. and your garden is looking beautiful,
    louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its beautiful and the size looks absolutly perfect. I love the color too.
    Your work is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet cardi! I love the colour and the ribbon is just perfect. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Jenny - congratulations on a great job - I love the long ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful cardigan, such a lovely colour and shape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the compliments and yes I did make the hanger cover. I made several to sell at a school fair and no one bought them so they came home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful beautiful beautiful. just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love it! You did such a great job on it. It really does look as light as a feather.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this sweater is so, so beautiful!!! you are inspiring me to go through my Vogue knitting and see if i still have that issue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.