Private, Personal and Quiet

25 Oct 2006





Something to think on:

"Men have their sheds, where they express themselves through their hobbies with hammers,nails, wire - hard things. Women have needles and threads and sewing machines, and with these they still contrive today to make things that soften their world and blur threats on its edges....The time a woman spends at needlework is private, personal and quiet."

from "Thrift to Fantasy" by Rosemary McLeod








My lamingtons turned out beautifully and to tell the truth everyone agreed they were the best they had ever tasted. Needless to say there are none left. The picture is my version of the Donna Hay magazine picture.





This dear girl headed off today to the northern hemisphere to her new home. I had to knit her a little cardigan so she wouldn't be too cold. She is going to a good home and hopefully she will make someone very happy.










Simmy at Echoes of a Dream has some good links for Waldorf dolls in her latest post. I'm hoping to have some more dolls in my Etsy shop in the next few days.










8 Responses to “Private, Personal and Quiet”

  1. She is so sweet! I love Waldorf dolls - my daughter has Anna and the little sister that goes with her from Magic Cabin. I need to try making them. I love their sweet faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you can make lamingtons without the coconut and still have them pass the lamington test? not a fan of coconut. the doll is really lovely - so simple and huggabel. and she really will need that cardigan up here - its blowing a gale today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie I don't like coconut either but somehow I manage to eat lamingtons and thoroughly enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made lamingtons too. And I must say they are so delicious. Thank you for the recipe.
    Your doll is so lovely and cute.I love Waldorf dolls. Years ago a have made this dolls for my 3 daughters. So I need to try making this dolls again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the doll! AND the quote about needlework. Very accurate, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet doll and I like the new look of your blog. Oh and I meant to say thanks for linking to my doll making link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tea cozy. Where did you find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.