A Poem

1 Oct 2006













Know you what it is to be a child? It is to be something very different from the man of today. It is to have a spirit yet streaming from the waters of baptism; it is to believe in love, to believe in loveliness, to believe in belief; it is to be so little that the elves can reach to whisper in your ear, it is to turn pumpkins into coaches, and mice into horses, lowness into loftiness, and nothing into everything, for each child has its fairy god mother in its soul.

SHELLEY




2 Responses to “A Poem”

  1. Why do we have to grow up? Lovely poem, and I wish that all children could experience just such a childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that poem! It is so like my daughter...I think I'll print it out and put it in her room. She's 9 and writes to her fairy all the time~ I hope she never loses all the magic she believes in! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.