Slideshow Widget

More Secrets

31 Jul 2006




Just a quick note before my daughter comes home from school. I went into town today to do some last minute shopping for her birthday. My favourite secondhand book and china shop is closing down and they have 50% off everything. I'm very sad that they are closing although they are trying to renegotiate their lease, however, I was able to pick up a few bargains including this lovely teacup, saucer and plate. The homemaking book is for me,it's a 1950's relic and the other book is for my husband as one of his favourite books is "Three Men in a Boat" by Jerome K. Jerome.



I'm off now to hide my bootie, she will be home in 5 minutes.


7 Responses to “More Secrets”

  1. If anyone asks, you've had it all for ages!!! I know the drill well. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ Rosa..heh heh
    Nice buys! Shame though about the shop closing down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My used book store was sold and I know it will not be the same. I am very sad. I am sorry for you. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...birthdays. We have 2 birthdays ahead of us in August...guess I better get on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a bargain! Whenever we go out I raid charity (thrift) shops for something that catches my eye, your haul is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.