World Cup

13 Jun 2006

After weeks of frosty mornings and blue sky days it is looking grey and overcast, perhaps the beginning of the winter rains. We have just had the Queen's Birthday longweekend and although I had plenty of sewing and knitting to do I spent most of my time cooking or outside dealing with the woodpile. Prunongs from the past two years have been sawn, snapped and stacked ready for the fire. The whole family joined in and the post work appetites were huge.

I visited Deb at Homespun Living and saw her lovely garden photos which have given me some ideas for my garden. Watering the garden to keep it looking lush can be a problem as it is often quite dry in summer and watering can be expensive. A rainwater tank would be useful.

I am continuing to work on my dolls when I get the chance. I'm currently working on a life-size baby doll, a small redhead, a brunette and a blonde plus a very glamorous mermaid. I love doing their hair ( I wanted to be a hairdresser when I was a child but I grew out of it ). Designing and making their clothes is fun too ( I also wanted to be a fashion designer). Getting to work with beautiful natural fibres and following my heart's desire with colours is pretty good too. When I get my camera ( now on lay by ) I will post some photos of my more recent work.

The football World Cup is very big in this house at the moment especially as Australia won their first game. Lots of late nights and late mornings for #1 son and Mr Wren. Lucky its still the school holidays.

One Response to “World Cup”

  1. Hi,
    Thank you for the kind mention of my garden. In answer to your question about the clothepin or peg apron, the red apron in the June 9 post is one that I have made~the whole front is a pocket. It was made from the directions in the old 'Simplified Sewing' booklet, to which I added a waistband & wider ties. I have a couple more in the works.
    I can't wait to see photos of some of your projects!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.