New Magazine

15 Jun 2006

The new edition of Yarn magazine is out. I love the covers on this magazine. This is only the third edition and each cover has been beautiful. The latest Interweave Knits has arrived too but I haven't picked up my copy yet. I LOVE these two magazines, occasionally I like Vogue Knitting as well but I really like the models they use in Interweave and the patterns ofcourse and the articles. As I said Yarn is only a new creation but it shows great promise.

I borrowed " Last Minute Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson from the library today so I have some wonderful reading to do tonight. I recently made a gorgeous hot water bottle cover in hot pink based on one I found in a Rowan children's knits book. The one in the book had a heart on the front but mine is plain with three knitted flowers around its neck. The flowers were on a little handbag in the same book. The hottie cover has a ribbed polo neck so she looks very elegant.

As well as slowly continuing with my cardigan I am also knitting a Prayer Shawl, I haven't got the link at the moment but I'll post it when I find it. I intend to give it away when its finished, I am trying to use it as a meditation so hopefully it will be filled with positive energy. Does that sound a bit weird. I'm sure we all knit love into whatever we make.

2 Responses to “New Magazine”

  1. Hi Jenny,

    I've been checking out your site - Your Waldorf dolls are beautiful. I've made a few of them for my girls, they are a ton of work - but I just so enjoy the process as their individual 'personalities' come out as I'm making them. I think I love them more than my girls do!

    I haven't seen that new 'Yarn' magazine in my neck of the woods yet, I'll have to be on the look out for it, I hope it's available here.

    I love the idea of the prayer shawl, I've just found out that my best friend since the first grade has been diagnosed with breast cancer. I wish there was more that I could do to support her right now, I would really like to knit one for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My three boys are now taking hot water bottles to bed (isn't it freezing?!) and I thought I should knit them covers. Would you recommend Last Minute Knitted Gifts?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.