Wednesday

17 May 2006


It's so wonderful to be home . # 2 son is on the mend and things are starting to return to normal. When I think about the events of the past week I realise how much more difficult everything would have been if I had been working, even part-time. It is so wonderful to be able to organise my life around my families needs (and that includes my needs) without having to consider how it will effect my job. I gave up my part-time job as a physiotherapist about 18 months ago. Financially it has been quite difficult and my husband hasn't always been entirely supportive of my decision but the job was slowly killing me. I really wanted to be able to just devote myself to my family and maybe make a little money from my craft work. Learning to be frugal without feeling hard done by has been empowering although disasters like car repairs and exploding hot water cylinders can be rather stressful. Learning to be the queen of my home and really believing that I am has been quite difficult. I keep feeling that somehow I have to justify being at home especially as all my children are at school. My husband now has a better appreciation of what I do since my recent enforced absence so something good has come out of my poor son's pain.

BOOKS I AM ENJOYING:
Childhood Treasures by Caroline Zoob
Almost French by Sarah Turnbull
Thrift to Fantasy by Rosemary McLeod

CURRENT CRAFT PROJECTS:
Small bag doll to fill order
gorgeous pink PJs for my daughter
periwinkle blue cardigan for me
patchwork bag for my best friend
large baby doll to fill an order
small dolls to give to the Sudanese refugees
velvet skirt for me


OTHER PROJECTS:
plant whatever I can in the vegie garden
attempt to bring the garden back from the brink of jungledom before winter arrives

2 Responses to “Wednesday”

  1. welcome to the blogging world! I absolutely adore Tasmania.. it must be one of THE most gorgeous places to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are home and your son is all better. It's awful having sick children, especially hospital sick!


    You have lots to keep you going for the next week or so - have fun, and do we get to see the finished results of all your hard work?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.